anyone play yugioh

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I don't mind playing CCGs, I just can not justify the cost in building up a deck. I have seen plenty of kids acting like Meth Addicts around the gaming store when it comes down to Yo-Gi-Oh or Pokimon.

Currently I am playing Magic The Gathering, but this is on the PC.

yugioh cards are so cheap and i got my video done il have it up in a few.

yugioh cards are so cheap and i got my video done il have it up in a few.

Cards might be cheap, but you still need to buy more and more and MORE!
The same goes with any of the other CCGs. And now we have some of the CMG (Collectible Miniatures Games). Friend of mine used to blow paychecks on the Star Wars CMG.

They're about the same price as all other TCG/CCGs - overpriced. Over here, anyway. It's like £2/$4 for a pack of nine cards, which probably cost less than 5p to make, package and deliver.

And it's not a great problem nowadays, but in the earlier days of Yu-Gi-Oh, it was basically whoever had the most money was the person who won pretty much every duel. I had a huge amount of luck when buying boosters, I rarely got a pack that didn't have a super or ultra in it, which helped generally.

And it's not a great problem nowadays, but in the earlier days of Yu-Gi-Oh, it was basically whoever had the most money was the person who won pretty much every duel. I had a huge amount of luck when buying boosters, I rarely got a pack that didn't have a super or ultra in it, which helped generally.

It's like that with any of the CCGs. About the only one that I really remember getting into, and it was mainly for just having a complete set, was the CCG of Ani-Mayhem. It was about 1996, and back then I was into just about any thing anime. So along comes the first CCG that was anime based. Mostly, I was trying to get a full set of the cards*. However I stop when the 2nd series came out as at that stage I realized that i got better things i could be wasting my money on). The only other CCG that i paid money on was the Legend Of The 5 Rings, and that was because I was Game Mastering the Legend Of The 5 Rings Role Play Game as they made good Game master aids

* I did get a full set, including the rare Armitage card (only available with the Armitage The 3rd Movie Sound Track) and the even rarer Washu Time Machine (only available with the Tenchi Moyu Movie Laser Disc. Friend of mine purchased the disc, he gave me the card)

I wish I could price my cards, my deck is over 4 inchs thick, but only because of the card sleeves and protectors, I have the solid/hard plastic ones that don't flex, nor let air/water in to damage the card, and a lot of my cards are 1st edition such as my blue eyes toon dragon....

I played M:TG for a while way back when. I was pretty good at it. I had a red/green Kird Ape deck that was very fast and lethal. For a more drawn out game I would toss in a black element. I sold that deck to a buddy for $200 (look up the contents of it to see why). I sold the rest of my cards to a married couple who split them between the two. Seems like I got $500 off them. Yes, I had a lot of cards and I had a lot of valuable cards.

tcg like most hobbys are expensive and pull you in like crack. so harper you may say people spend to much money on it. but many will say we spend to much money on pc's. a hobby is a hobby you can never spend to much money on it aslong as you have a roof over your head and food in the cubboard and fridge.

tcg like most hobbys are expensive and pull you in like crack. so harper you may say people spend to much money on it. but many will say we spend to much money on pc's. a hobby is a hobby you can never spend to much money on it aslong as you have a roof over your head and food in the cubboard and fridge.

Very true. I guess I am a little biased when it comes to CCGs considering that there am more of a RPGer. In the circles I have hung around with, there is a little bit of rivalry between RPGers and CCGers. However the group of people I do feel sorry for is any one that gets sucked into the WarHammer or WarHammer 40 000 (aka Wallet Hammer). You can spend a mint on miniatures and loose countless hours painting them. And then about 3-6 years time, they totally revamp your armies miniatures, therefore null and voiding your army.

I read this thread title and had to double check what forum i was on. If someone told me how many Yugioh players were on TF i would of never believed them :omg:

Got me thinking, the guys that used to work at these Pokemon/Yugioh card factories must of had an awesome time. Walk out of work with every single top card and sold them for a small fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom