Anyone play guitar? I'm lookin to get one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a classical then move to electric , it will be such a good practice on your fingers. Might i ask why you want to start guitar?

I hate acoustic. It just doesn't sound nearly as cool as electric.

I've always wanted a guitar for some reason. My friend had an electric guitar that I used to play around with, but he moved.

I'm not going to have a lot of money to spend because I need to buy some other stuff too, like a new monitor...

I need a starter package. I realize they're crap compared to 2000$ guitars, but that's fine with me. It would be something to learn on and get decent with and then I could buy something better later on.

I've heard that even if a guitar sounds not so good that you can get a better amp and better pickups and it will sound a lot better. If that's true, I might just do that for the time being.

Thanks for the help, I'll look around the sites ya'll gave me.

Any more suggestions are welcome.

yes a better amp and pickups will make a guitar sound better but BC Rich still uses very cheap wood and are just cheap in general
how much do you have to spend?

that ibanez deal looks pretty good. ibanez makes VERY solid stuff that will likely last you forever. if you're looking for good on the cheap, ibanez should be one of your top choices

Yeah the ibanez starter pack is probably the best quality you can get in a starter pack, which is still basically pretty crappy. Cheap woods, cheap pickups, ect. That ibanez would probably last you a few months though, and then if you like playing you could step up to a better guitar. Also, if you go to guitarcenter, you would probably be able to talk the salesperson down to about 300 bucks on a better guitar, because they get commission and are desperate to make a sale.

And good amp and good pickups in POS guitar=crappy sounding no matter what.

@Preacher: why would you NOT want to play guitar?:p

Les Paul Standard Plus with a 60's neck ftmfw

oh yeah, and sunburst

I like both the Les Paul, and the Strat (real ones not the cheapy ones) Les Paul is nice, but a Strat plays so much better IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom