anyone know latin or hebrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latin is still used heavily in Law and Medicine so it makes sense that it is still around and studied, shame really as it's use in both cases is a attempt to make people feel stupid when dealing with a legal issue or at the doctors office.
1) In law to cow the masses when laws where used as a club for the upper classes.
2) In medical matters - too make the patient think the doctor knows what he is talking about and sound important, for instance if you go to the doctors office complaining of a pain and the doctor says "rub on this cream as you have a sevear contusion on your gluteus maximus" you are going to take him a sight more seriously than if he said "Rub this cream on as you have a really nasty bruse on your bum"

Okay.... Now my question........ 3 years of Latin??? You building a time machine and going back to talk to Socrates?

Lol, i dont really speak it. I can translate it pretty well though.

I thought latin was a "dead" language? Wouldn't that mean it's not really widely known..so how could you take classes on it...?

but yea..make sure you get a translation from many, many ,many well known sources...you don't want "I'm an idot" or something wrote on you in a foreign language...I would almost bet that like 95% of chinese symbols aren't what they think they are lol

Of course you can take classes on it. :silly:

Most of what the pope says is in Latin, so I guess that counts :p

You would be surprised at how much engrish comes from Latin. And after studying it for quite a while, I can easily say engrish is a very, very stupid language. It's extremely hard to learn, if it's not your native tongue.

Also before you go and tattoo it on your arm, let me ask my teacher for those words. I forgot today.

As far as Hebrew goes, you might want to PM Preacher. He is in Israel and may know someone who is a native speaker. He may speak/read/write Hebrew, but I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom