Anyone know Java?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
My Java class is kicking my butt. I don't know if I missed something early on, lost my secret decoder ring, or what, but I am in need of help.

I need someone, anyone, who knows Java to let me pick their brain. I don't need someone to do my assignments... i just need someone to help me understand what I am supposed to do and how it would be done.

I have signed up at dreamincode.com, and am slowly getting answers there, but I need something more direct.

Either post here or PM me. I have AIM, a cell phone, and might be able to remember my password for Yahoo Messenger.

I'd offer to help, but my java class was back in 2000 and i'd done a lot of drinking since then in the attempt to erase the memories of it.

I can understand that. ;)

Mainly I need be able to ask basic questions and get plain English answers.

If you are able to find any non-pickled memory cells, PM me your AIM name or phone #.

As another recommendation, click your way over to codingforums.com - a big active community there pal...

I now nada about Java but though that might help...and good luck!

Im studying Java right at this moment if you need any help, i know the basics since i just started this January.

First things first download "Java 1.6.0_03"
and then download: "Dr_Java" (this utility is what you program with)

If you want few examples of my work then PM and ill sent you them on txt format

Heres an Example:

class ValueofaQuadradicEXP
{
public static void main ( String[] args )
{
double x;
x = 0.0;
System.out.println ("Quadratic Function1 :" + (3*x*x -8*x +4));
x = 2.0;
System.out.println ("Quadratic Function2 :" + (3*x*x -8*x +4));
x = 4.0;
System.out.println ("Quadratic Function3 :" + (3*x*x -8*x +4));
}
}

______(ENDS HERE)_______

"class ValueofaQuadradicEXP" is the name of the file you want to save as so: ValueofaQuadradicEXP is going to be the saved file name

"double" means a decimal number is going to be used
"int" means a single digit is going to be used

* means Multiply
/ means divide
"public static void main ( String[] args )" starts off the programming
"system.out.println" displays the message with a next line under
"system.out.print" displays the message continues from the previous
and so on...

The math functions don't give me a problem. My problem comes with trying to get a class set up properly, and then using it in a program. I have just about got set and get figured out, as well as public and private. But getting it all together is a different story...

then i guess you're too far ahead of me, we just finished working with Scanners, and we've just started with 'else' and "else if"
If you want i got my whole coarse on a .pdf file with all the chapters that give out outlines of basic programming , if you want it
its 22mb in size

If you have any questions Trotter you can feel free to IM me whenever you want. I'm generally always on IM, and I'd get back to you pretty quickly. I consider myself pretty proficient with what it seems like you need to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom