Anyone know a good, free audio format changing program

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
ok i only have a sandisk sansa 512mb and it only holds 95 songs which
isnt enough for me, might be more than enough for some people but not me. ok i know that mp3 files take up more room then WMA files and on realplayer you can change the format of a file from mp3 to WMA but it costs 10$ and im only 14, and i just bought a paintball gun that set my in debt with my parents so i wanted to know if there was a free program to convet MP3 files to WMA so i could fit more on my more music on my small 5121mb player.

Priorities priorities...

At your age, the lesson should be learned. If you bought the paintball gun, you wouldn't have the $10 to buy something else.

Patience is a virtue (especially in all things money).

What Sansa is it? Is it the one with an SD card slot? If so, just buy an SD card and pop it in.

Also - My mp3 player is 512mb, and it's more than I'll ever need. What I did is I just created some playlists on my computer and saved them into individual folders. What this means is, if I was going to hit up some mountain bike trails for the afternoon, I'd probably want to listen to some heavy rock. If I were going to be hanging out at Borders Book Store for the evening and wanted some easy going music to listen to as I read a book, then I'd have a playlist just for that.

Let's look at where we came from here... remember portable CD players? Wasn't that long ago... You had about 15 songs per CD, then you'd have to change the CD. Well, in the case of mp3 players, you get 95 songs per playlist... so just change your playlist when need be. You may find the same thing I did, which is you don't need any crazy amount of space such as these 20 and 30 gigabyte ipods and all that trash... 512mb is more than I need... not saying I'd sneeze at getting anything bigger, but why upgrade if you don't need it? :)

Jayce said:
Let's look at where we came from here... remember portable CD players? Wasn't that long ago... You had about 15 songs per CD, then you'd have to change the CD. Well, in the case of mp3 players, you get 95 songs per playlist... so just change your playlist when need be.

Or, you could just buy a 'trashy' iPod and have all of your music with you all of the time. :rolleyes:

Anywho...
Download iTunes. You won't be able to convert to WMA, but you can convert to other things that might be smaller than mp3. Its free.

dB poweramp music converter. It's free and supports tons of formats.

yeah i got the db and it halfed my songs so it kinda doubled my space but it takes forever to convert all 95 songs, well on my dell it does.

Jeez...the way this thread is going on, you'd think the solution was $100, rather than $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom