Anyone know anything about car audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PyRaX

Solid State Member
First of all, Merry Christmas Everyone!! Now down to business. I just recieved a car amplifier as a gift and I am wondering if it is the right one for my car. Here is a list of things I have in the car so far:

Rear 6x9 - Kenwood 'KFC-XR901' (65W RMS)
Front 6" - Sony Xplods 'XS-W1621' (50W RMS)
CD Player - Pioneer DEH-P7500MP

The amp I just recieved is:
Infinity 4-Channel Amplifier (7540A) - 'INI 7540A'
111W RMS @ 4ohms

My question is whether this is a good fit for my purposes because I have heard that if you use the same amp for all four speakers in your car you lose the "fading" from right to left and front to back. Second, is this too much power for my speakers or can I just make sure that I dont turn the volume up too much? My final question is whether I can use this amp for just the rear two 6x9's and use the other two channels for a sub or is this not recommended?

my thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this situation,
~greg

well, first, the "sub" idea is no good. You won't get good bas from them as they are too small to provide a good punch. The 6x9's are a bit better, but you really would be better off with getting a real sub.
The amp is a bit stong for your speakers too as it's pushing 111 w per channel. if you run full strength you risk blowing your speakers. You can run 2 off one channel, but then you do loose the fade. It's not from the same amp, it's from using the same channel on the amp. Look into a crossover too if you really want to make your system sound good. A cross over will help to single out the bass and the treble so that you can get a really good thump from a sub...

good luck...

ok man, thanks a ton for the info, i think im gonna look for separate amps for the front and rear speakers
~greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom