anyone have a potato gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
I made me a new one the other day. was so excited to try it out.
the chamber is 8 inch pvc and 2 feet long. The mainbarrel is 3 inch and 6 feet long, the extension barrel that i can put on the end of that is 1.5 inch and 6 feet long. Looks pretty awsome with both barrels attached, over 12 feet long, takes 2 people to operate.I Have a propane tank that i attache to the back with a few valves on it. I launched a baseball out of it last night. I launched it over the tree tops over the woods towards the 7-11. maybe i hit something, maybe i didnt.

damn, am i really that geeky?nobody else has one. I also have launched glass bottles filled with rocks, when they hit the ground, or whatever, it is lots of fun. I live up here in DC with my wife and daughter. I keep my redneck weapons down in good ol Gloucester Va at my dads house. My dad tried messin with it once when i wasnt there and singed the hair off of his face

My neighbor had one....he used hairspray instead of propane and then he put a ignitor (like off of a grill) on it as the trigger....was pretty sweet. He chucked a potatoe out of it and hit his practice deer target thing...blew it to pieces.

dude i want to make so bad a small one that i canhide but i dont know how to make one i want to have for next year so i can shoot my friends witha freaking potatoe. lol

I want to build one. But i would be kinda scared to try it out. My luck, the thing would blow up in my face. So I was thinking about electronically setting it off.

Anyways how easy are they to build. I have plans to make one.

also what is the estimate for parts, like $20?

no way man dont shoot nobody with a potato. they are more dangerous than ya think. a guy out here got shot with a potato in the ribs from a hairspray driven one, caved his ribs in and killed him. They are really easy to make. A beginner one, i would def suggest using hairspray and a grill click starter. What i would do, hmm, get like a 4 inch pvc pip, cut it about a foot long, and cap off the one end of it, and put a coupler on the other end and attach like a 3 foot barrel that is 1 inch round. On the chamber, put 2 screws in it a few inches appart so that in the middle of the chamber, they have like a half inch gap like a spark plug, and on the outside, attach the 2 wires from a grill click starter. Shove your potato in the barrel, like they used to do with cannons. Unscrew the back, spray some hairspray in it, cap it, and click it. I recommend putting a small screw all the way through the barrel back near the chamber, so that you dont push it too far in. lol i should make a diagram. 20 bucks would probably be just right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom