anyone ever experience an "unexplained event"? ghost, UFO, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
It's my personal belief that every thing that occurs can be explained scientifically. After watching a commercial for ghost hunters, I wondering if its a load of crap or not. Reality TV shows are usually influenced by the show's producers. I'm wondering if there is anything the show does anything to make the viewer belief that there is actually a ghost present.

Back in gradeschool, a classmate would tell us that unexplained events would occur in her house. She rationalized the events, such as moving objects or sounds from unknown sources, as being performed by her dead grandfather. I figure some people here may have similar stories.

Nobody knows what happens after you die, so for all I know you COULD end up floating around. Who knows?

It's just people that latch onto these ideas and completely screw them up that I think is stupid. Eg ghosts. That show 'ghost hunters' is a pile of crap, yet many gullible people believe it.

UFOs? Now that is altogether more highly unlikely. Any alien civilisation sufficiently advanced enough to travel the huge distances between stars/planets would hardly go for a cruise in Earths atmosphere just to snatch up a person to experiment on. ffs.

Again, no-one can discount the possibility of other sentient life forms in the universe, so these wild 'sightings' abound.

I know for a fact there has to be other life out there..but yea, the UFO thing is silly.

if they had the technology to get here, I'm sure they would do more than just pick up 1 person and leave (like soulphire said).

As for the ghost stuff, my old house was supposed to be "haunted"..I never experienced anything weird. But it was creepy. Like it was built basically on the side of a huge rock and in the basement there was some sort of well that went down a questionable depth..that was spooky lol (just the point it'd make random noises and junk). Plus there was a slave buried in the back yard. I never got to find the grave because it was in the middle of a huge brier patch :( Parent's bought the house from a biology teacher at the local highschool so she had basically the whole school knowing the house was "haunted"..then she had my sister for class and just thought it was sort of weird they'd meet. Sadly she retired before I got to have or so I couldn't question her about it lol :(

nope you don't! You hope there is maybe, you can even believe there is, but you can't state it as a fact.
Odds are there might be, but probability isn't a guarantee

Well....out of the billions of others plantes/stars/etc out there I'm sure there is life on at least one of them. If it happened on Earth it can happen elsewhere.

Well....out of the billions of others plantes/stars/etc out there I'm sure there is life on at least one of them. If it happened on Earth it can happen elsewhere.

The problem with that is we don't even properly understand how 'it' happened. The theory of evolution is still just that, a theory. One that's slowly getting better and more accurate as our understanding of how things work increases, yes, but still incomplete.

For instance, I doubt that 'nothing' suddenly exploded with a big bang and created the billions of stars/galaxies/lifeforms everywhere.

And what do you think the odds are that a planet capable of sustaining/creating life could be formed? Maybe it's a zillion to one, and we're that lucky one.

The problem with that is we don't even properly understand how 'it' happened. The theory of evolution is still just that, a theory. One that's slowly getting better and more accurate as our understanding of how things work increases, yes, but still incomplete.

For instance, I doubt that 'nothing' suddenly exploded with a big bang and created the billions of stars/galaxies/lifeforms everywhere.

And what do you think the odds are that a planet capable of sustaining/creating life could be formed? Maybe it's a zillion to one, and we're that lucky one.

Well if you want to look at it that way I'll just counter it with the

"Well, we could always just be the characters is some HUGE alien MMORPG."

logic :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom