Anyone doing stoptober?

Hi Guys,
Coming back to the post and seen that it's divided opinions, I bought the Mist Mini Kit a few days ago and i'm really getting on with it, i'm using their Tobacco flavoured E-Liquid and i feel alot better already.
Let's hope i can keep it up for the whole month!

That's probably because smoking is very relevant to a lot of issues!

smoking reduces blood flow to your gums, which can mean that they bleed less than they would otherwise, and bleeding gums are a sign of gum disease (which is a sign of impending heart disease) smoking can hide signs of that, which is why it is important to tell your dentist these things, essentially so they can assess your gum health according to a different scale. - funnily enough when a health professional asks you about smoking it's because it's a genuinely important question about your health, not because they want to either judge you or borrow a smoke off you.

Pensions are meant to be an "insurance" not an "assurance" essentially a pension is there to give you an income IF you live to an age where you're not longer able to work productively, not provide a nice way to see the world or kick back and enjoy not having to get up in the mornings whilst you're still fit enough to enjoy it. it's a throw back to a time when work was literally back breaking.
(In the UK) With many people going to college (completely state funded) and then to university too (partially state funded) people aren't entering the workforce until their early or mid twenties, then retiring at 65 means you worked 44 years, in fact if you leave compulsory education at 16, and work to 65 then you only worked 49 years, with live spans expecting to reach around 100, it's essentially not feasible to expect a working age population to "support" someone who wants to not do any work for half their life.

With work being essentially easier (service based economy and desk jobs etc) there is nothing to stop *most* people being able to work until 75, (or more.)

when I had an E-cig I found it made me smoke more. basically I wouldn't have ever smoked a real cigarette in the house, because then all my stuff would smell horrible, but an E-Cig, well I could (and did) smoke that in bed... so actually my nicotine intake went UP with E-cigarettes...

Yep...

I'm a cold turkey kind of quitter, minute to minute that's easy enough, and then you get to a situation when you know you should be smoking, it's that waiting for a bus, or train, or one the drive to work or something, you know that this is the very time that you absolutely *should* be smoking, it's just linked to the situation somehow, you know you arrive at the bus stop at x time, you light up and the bus will come about three drags before you finish... but without smoking you just stand there wondering what to do, all the while knowing that the answer is obvious... you should smoke!

might be worth saying I went from ~ 20 a day to "giving up" over night...

I say "giving up" like "that" because I still smoke occasionally, say if I'm out drinking (which is rare) or I usually smoke when I see a particular friend as that's essentially a time when I sit, drink coffee, smoke and chat.

So I'm more of a twenty a year kind of smoker now.

do I want to give up completely? no, because I really enjoy smoking.
(and honestly I prefer smoking rolling tobacco, (I nice Kentucky dark tobacco) like drum blue or Old Holborn, (the kind where you actually see the tar building up on the Rizzla as you smoke it) and by preference I like unfiltered cigarettes... but with smoking so little I "have" to buy regular cigarettes else I basically just end up with a pouch of dried out tobacco...

which is like what PP said, most people trying Vaping aren't shopping around - they are getting 1 cheap throw away e-cig, and not liking it and deciding that they are all bad. - or they are having a hit on some guys industrial sized fog machine esq vaping unit and finding it much harsher than cigarettes... whilst Probably couldn't count the amount of different brands of cigarette or tobacco I tried, (and then full and lite etc in those brands.)

as for E-cigarettes being harmful, they are being banned in a lot of places now (as well as regular cigarettes) nicotine is still poisonous.
and if you've decided that you should have a mix and match approach to vaping, with a different battery, increased voltages and power, upgraded heating elements, and custom mixed juice then you've got a good chance that you;re developing more acrolein in your vapor, (which was a chemical weapon type gas from the 1st world war...) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrolein

quitting smoking is pretty easy. (despite how addictive nicotine is)
step 1, stop buying cigarettes
step 2, stop putting cigarettes in your mouth and setting fire to them.
Your nicotine intake went up only if you had a high level of nicotine in your liquid. Think of a tank like a pack of smokes. If your nicotine level is 6mg even in a sub-ohm mod you're still intaking less than a pack of smokes while not intaking the rest of the harmful chemicals of a regular cig.

When they have my wake, I want to be stood up in the corner with a shot of scotch in one hand and a joint in the other. In the meantime I'll stick with my Monsters and my Camel Blues.

Back
Top Bottom