Anyone doing stoptober?

it would more socially acceptable, less dangerous (as believed currently), so why would I quit?

Because you can have self-control - the cigarettes aren't holding a gun to your head and making you smoke them :p.

Nicotine is a very addictive drug, and very hard one to get off of.
just keep on trying to quit, do not quit trying to quit. Tell yourself that you can smoke if you wanted to. Do not force yourself to quit, you will fail. Quit because you want to quit
Smoking is dirty, your walls and everything in your home gets yellow stains, and it does stink, but smokers can not smell that stink. The health risks are high and that just not the cancer, Even if you survive cancer there's emphysema, COPD, hardening of your arteries... and just bad juju all the way around!
(from a smoker that started smoking before most of you were born, now clean for almost 8 yrs)

Last edited:
I tried vaping and it just didn't satisfy me, Still going to try and quit and use vaping to replace the nor so needed cigs but when I really want one I have one. Well here is to my next attempt LOL

THe people who say it doesn't work didn't actually experiment to get the right blend. Like seriously, how many different brands and types of cigs have you tried to get your favorite? When you first start anything will do, but after years of smoking you KNOW you have that prefered blend. Just like beer. Vaping is the same, and it's a huge ballpark to get into. Nicotine levels, flavors, and how it's administered all make a difference. Nicotine and power (voltage) depict how hard the "hit" is which is what most smokers are looking for. My mom smoked all her life and now literally chokes on my hit because ecigs have weaned her off nicotine completely. She was also a chain smoker of menthol Marlboros.

Nicotine isn't a hard drug to get off of. I smoke with 6mg in my mod and can quit at any time. Wash my tanks, toss my bottles of fluid and stay off as long as I want to. What you can't quit is the habit, and unfortunately the older you are the harder a habit is to break.

In comparison to vaping and cigs, how many harsh chemicals are in cigs? Well, let's see, one being tar. Yea, they make roads with that ****. The only thing people have to argue on vaping is glycol, but it's food grade glycol being used. Anything you inhale is not going to particularly be good for you, but there are literally countless people who will admit how much better they feel after moving to vaping for at least 2 weeks solid. That says something right there. Now add on, the **** doesn't stink, doesn't produce a nasty second hand smoke, doesn't stain anything, doesn't linger, tastes good (depending on the flavor of your choice), and to some more importantly is way cheaper.

It isn't. I've been vaping for 2 years next month and can stop at any time, including people I know that used it to quit smoking. I didn't see you disagree with what Carnage said, which was replace the habit with something else. Getting up for a smoke (if you're not an ******* and smoke outside instead) and standing/sitting for 10 or so minutes is a habit. A hard one to break at that (like my hand to mouth and snacking). Replace the habit, the urge for a smoke goes away. Thing is, if you don't get the right vape setup at the first time you don't get the hit you're looking for. Then people say "oh I tried and it doesn't work". Well more than likely the 20 dollar pack from 7/11 you got doesn't output enough voltage and the 3mg nicotine level isn't enough to even be felt in your throat.

That all aside, the argument here being nicotine and the addiction, it's pretty placebo like caffeine. I've kicked caffeinated beverages several times as an experiment on myself. It's not as hard as people want to make it out to be, you just replace it with something else to trick your mind. Now if only we could find a way to do that with hard drugs and alcohol :(

It is a known fact that nicotine is addictive. I'm not going to argue with you on this. I made my statement and that'll be all I'll say.
I'm not talking about habits and that is why I did not disagree with Carnage. Habits are not the same as addictions

It is a known fact that nicotine is addictive. I'm not going to argue with you on this. I made my statement and that'll be all I'll say.
I'm not talking about habits and that is why I did not disagree with Carnage. Habits are not the same as addictions

PP didn't say it wasn't addictive, he said it's not a hard drug to get off of - that doesn't imply it's not addictive. I've been "addicted" to caffeine before (in college, drinking tons and tons of pop), and gotten the dreaded caffeine headache for a few days, but it wasn't hard to break. Yeah nicotine isn't quite like caffeine...but it's still a drug that's not as hard to get off of compared to others out there.

Back
Top Bottom