Anyone celebrating Independence Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
Anyone celebrating it? Or just the 4th of July for that matter? (Not sure if other cultures celebrate it or not)

I'm headin' down to my parent's house for a couple days of fun. First, we'll have the birthday celebrations for my dad, which will include a cookout, and ridin' dirt bikes, going down to the "Dollar Holes" with my truck, and my dad's "new" Blazer until the sun goes down. Then, FIREWORKS!!!! (YES!) After that, we're going to begin our tactical airsoft war - games.

**** near my most favorite part of the 4th is the fireworks. The Marina down by my parent's house is having it's annual fireworks display, which we'll be attending. Then back home to shoot off our own. I usually spend a lot of money on fireworks, but this year, my budget just wouldn't allow for it. I mainly bought my daughter and niece things they can enjoy; fountains, champagne poppers, smoke bombs, sparklers, those little white snapper things, and a few artillery shells (they will not touch the actual fireworks, other than the poppers, snappers, and sparklers). I spent roughly $12 on myself, and bought 8, 1,000 count rolls of "firecrackers" I was searching for 5,000, 10,000, and 16,000 count, but they were outrageously priced. One place wanted $20 for just a single 1,000 count roll. I bought 8 rolls for $1.49 a piece, and got all that the vendors had. My boss bought my daughter, and niece quite a few fireworks too, which I thought was *******. The only thing I couldn't find this year, were bottle rockets?!?!? Those are my dad's favorite, those, and whistling bottle rockets, which are going to be his birthday present, if I can find them. He likes to keep those around year long, 'cause his dog loves them, and the coyotes hate them, so they keep the chickens safe. All in all, I should have a good fourth, thanks to very kind people. Thanks to those very kind people, I have only spent $52 total.

How do you all celebrate the 4th of July (or what your culture celebrates?)

DSC_0385.jpg

I won't be doing much this year as I will have to work on the 4th. We don't do fireworks as everyone else will be shooting off plenty already. We were going to have a cookout with some family, but I think that fell through.

I didn't buy anything but M1000's M80's and Sparklers this year. I might buy some black cats or something but I just like to blow stuff up. One good thing about growing up on the rez.. :D I can get all the stuff that illegal else where.

I won't be doing much this year as I will have to work on the 4th. We don't do fireworks as everyone else will be shooting off plenty already. We were going to have a cookout with some family, but I think that fell through.

****, I am truly sorry you have to work on the 4th, but at least you'll be getting holiday pay? We were going to go to a family reunion, but there's controversial things going on amidst our family, so we decided against it.

I didn't buy anything but M1000's M80's and Sparklers this year. I might buy some black cats or something but I just like to blow stuff up. One good thing about growing up on the rez.. :D I can get all the stuff that illegal else where.

I was thinking about buying sparklers with those intentions, but I decided against it. I didn't want my daughter to be scared of the day, if I were to blow myself up. :D I did buy some M-1000's though, but only like 20, and they're set up like a line of black cats.

They're probably not true M-1000's. The M-80's they sell around here, aren't actual M-80's. They're like half-full with flash powder. Real M-80's have ~3000mg of powder...most sold under the name M-80 (since actual M-80's are illegal) have about 50mg.

Working on the 4th myself. Along with that it is illegal to have Fireworks in NY. So we might make it to one of the places that have a permit to shoot them off, if i get out of work on time...

I'm in Panama, and as much as they should (lol), they don't celebrate the independence of America. I think some gringo restaurant is doing a $10 all you can drink night tonight in the name of the 4th of July, so maybe we will go check that out....because it's $10 all you can drink. And they cook up some awesome seafood.

I'll probably be over at my sisters house for the 4th. My nephew works for Phantom Fireworks, which is only 400 or 500 yards from my office so I'm positive we'll have to extinguish 2 or 3 fires :thumbsup:

Yeah Bought some more m1k's this morning to see if we could blow a cinder block... SUCCESS!! I get have to get my inner pyro out on the 4th because I get fined every other time of the year. Bought some pretty fountains and Artillery Shells to light off tomorrow as well for the looksies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom