Anybody seen TheMajor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not enought sadly, post more OH an there is a post on there that you need to look at.

Ya, he was leaving for some reason about the the forum update ruined the community.... I will tell you this. From what I have seen, it didn't help any.

Ya, he was leaving for some reason about the the forum update ruined the community.... I will tell you this. From what I have seen, it didn't help any.
you have no idea how many spammers we got attacked by before the upgrade.
sometimes I banned 10 or more in one sitting. And then had to delete their posts one by one. It was tedious.

Now, we've only got a couple since. and if we do get any spammers, it's much easier to delete multiple posts.

Apokalipse said:
you have no idea how many spammers we got attacked by before the upgrade.
sometimes I banned 10 or more in one sitting. And then had to delete their posts one by one. It was tedious.

Now, we've only got a couple since. and if we do get any spammers, it's much easier to delete multiple posts.
Exactly.

Some may whine and gripe about the infraction system, but it works both ways. It is a means to remind members about obeying the rules, and it also keeps the mods up front and honest. the old way was a mess, with a forum in the mods' area where we would post what so-and-so was doing, and if we gave a warning. If someone else came across something, they may or may not see that thread and make a new one. Everything was sort of up in the air with no clear lines drawn.

Not only is the infraction system better, but reported posts are wonderful now. Anytime a post is reported it makes its own thread in a forum in the mods' area. it makes it really easy to see. It also quotes the entire post and includes whatever notes the reporter added. Multiple reports of the same post are automatically added to the same thread.

As DMo gets stuff sorted out (he's having to work from scratch), we'll get more and more functionality out of this. Give it time.

Exactly.

Some may whine and gripe about the infraction system, but it works both ways. It is a means to remind members about obeying the rules, and it also keeps the mods up front and honest. the old way was a mess, with a forum in the mods' area where we would post what so-and-so was doing, and if we gave a warning. If someone else came across something, they may or may not see that thread and make a new one. Everything was sort of up in the air with no clear lines drawn.

Not only is the infraction system better, but reported posts are wonderful now. Anytime a post is reported it makes its own thread in a forum in the mods' area. it makes it really easy to see. It also quotes the entire post and includes whatever notes the reporter added. Multiple reports of the same post are automatically added to the same thread.

As DMo gets stuff sorted out (he's having to work from scratch), we'll get more and more functionality out of this. Give it time.

My sig infraction still isn't cleared. Dmo is with his kids again or is he busy at work? Also, many others had left T.F. Juicedaddy is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom