anybody gunna buy the ATI r520?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insist on a successful release by both so competition continues which is the basis for improvement.

I hope they are able to generally agree on different adoption of technologies making cards more universally usable, while at the same time being unique cards w/o domination by either.

How many people like Microsoft? It would be better if they had genuine competition. (granted two os's would be wierd but it could work).

Thats what im saying but what about linux? you have microsoft and Linux and Nvidia and ATI. Just like Intel and AMD. sorry if this dosent make sense.

It makes sense, but they dont compete on any financial level which makes a huge difference (not that Linux is bad). Linux also has a very small user base with widespread domination by Windows, while Ati and Nvidia are closely split.

I wish i hadnt bought my x800 so much. i didnt even look at the specs befor i bought it. i didnt realize that it was old technology just pushed faster. and the nvidia boards were new technology. After that, i think i might start leaning towards nvidia like i used to

jseber1982 said:
I wish i hadnt bought my x800 so much. i didnt even look at the specs befor i bought it. i didnt realize that it was old technology just pushed faster. and the nvidia boards were new technology. After that, i think i might start leaning towards nvidia like i used to

I hear ya man.....I wish so much I would have gottena 6800GT, which is the same price but 50-75% faster!

I'm glad a few other X800 Pro users have come to TF so I have somebody to back me up when I rant about what a crap card it is.

i got enough money to buy a 6800ultra, but ahhh i dont wanna, becuase i know that if i do that, something better will come out soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom