Any sort of memory association tricks to memorize IRQ's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdinkel

Daemon Poster
Any of you that've taken the A+ ( I'm going to, Jan 10), is there any good trick to memorizing IRQ, I/O numbers, and pinning them with the devices. System timer, i've got that memorized, and the keyboard. Everything else is really giving me a hard time remembering.

for a really stupid question, why aren't the IDE controllers in the lower range instead of being so dang high? Even the Audio controllers lower.

Any replies, pneumonic devices/ ways into the matrix to help me remember this BS for the A+ would be greatly appreciated.

There's no conventional method as to why, its just pretty common.They can be anything technically.All my machines are the same from what procinfo is showing.Im guessing its just become one of those unspoken standards, I remember doing it the same way when we built 8 bit machines in college, same with the BIOS, we did some things with that also that were pretty standard too.Makes em easier to troubleshoot.

I have no clue how to remember it other than just memorizing it.

Just did some checking, a man page I found is showing the default IRQ list as being that way cause thats what Intel decided on when they started making CPU's and everyone else followed suit.

Thanks man... I guess its just down to putting the IRQ list under my pillow.. worked with my bio test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom