any security guys here? need advice on security cameras

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
im looking for a 4 camera system for my house
with the best night vision possible. in a low light parking lot. or no light at all
and best resolution possible
my budget is 400 dollars max but cheaper is better for a reasonable package.

I own 3 Hondas and tired of building a castle around them every night. as im sure many of you know Hondas get stolen quicker than college girls losing virginity.

theres just so many different brands and models I don't know much about it and don't know if some of those specs are deceiving like the peak power on the amps and speakers.

what specs should I be looking for and what specs are just BS to get customers attention.

and does brand matter or are they all made in china and specs matter more than brand?

I have that and I also know how easy they are to bypass by a pro. I work as an installer for about 10 years. and car alarms are placebo and amateur thief deterrents.

a camera is good to have as a backup

If you have cars that are worth so much that a professional would go after them, I suggest contacting a local security installation company to install you a good camera system. Though, I don't see how a professional thief cant get around your barricades but can get around a good car security system.

Look into Foscam, they are rather good cameras. http://foscam.us/ But your best bet is still contacting a local company for site survey to get your best options.

Last edited:
Lol who steals a Honda? You have 3 S2000s? NSX?

yup...Honda Acord and Civic for hot used cars from a 2013 report
Here's the list of the 10 most stolen cars from all model years taken during 2013, according to the NICB, with total units cited:

Honda Accord, 53,995
Honda Civic, 45,001
Chevrolet Silverado, 27,809
Ford F-150, 26,494
Toyota Camry, 14,420
Dodge/Ram Pickup, 11,347
Dodge Caravan, 10,911
Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee, 9,272
Toyota Corolla, 9,010
Nissan Altima, 8,892

And here's the top 10 list of new vehicles (from the 2013 model year) stolen last year, also based on NICB data:

Nissan Altima, 810
Ford Fusion, 793
Ford F-150, 775
Toyota Corolla, 669
Chevrolet Impala, 654
Hyundai Elantra, 541
Dodge Charger, 536
Chevrolet Malibu, 529
Chevrolet Cruze, 499
Ford Focus, 483

For its part the NICB warns consumers take a “layered” approach to help deter car thieves.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelany/2014/08/18/the-most-stolen-new-and-used-cars-in-america/

I have a Honda lawn mower....I'm going to lock it down today!

My god people are stupid. If you're going to steal a car don't steal a pile of scrap.

...Hondas are bad cars ?

Anyway, you're hardly going to see Merc S class or Bentleys at the top of the list, due to the fact there are probably 100x as many Hondas.

I see that this market is for used cars, so they might be getting chopped up and parted out, to be sold that way
Is there a big demand for Honda parts?

Back
Top Bottom