Any one learning German here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdar

Daemon Poster
Does any one learn German here? Or Have been learning?

What are some good books out there? to learn German grammar.

I know there some good audio courses to study German. But I need some grammar book too.

i used to do german quite a bit

i didn't know a great deal at the time but i used to be a member of a german cheat forum, they use cheats for playstation and other such games

the thing is its been about 3 years since i even seen a spot of german so all i understand is **** off and on in german but i used to be able to at least understand a bit of the conversation's they would have and even join in at times :(

Yeah, I'm starting to learn. I'm picking it up pretty quickly.

I hope to be able to converse with all my relatives shortly.

Go to your nearest quality bookstore and ask them if they'll order study books. There was a store around here that would order anything and they had huge listings of books used for everything. It might not be on the shelf, but they may order it.

And you probably won't get that service for some huge chain bookstore.

I've got a great German grammar book by Berlitz that was old when I got it. I don't think the grammar has changed, but some phrases have since it was new.

Dave :D

Rosetta Stone. That is a great application to use on a PC as well to teach yourself a different language. I have been working on teaching myself Traditional Chinese.

I have heard about Rosetta Stone. And from what I have heard it is very good.
All my German I learned from watching Hogan's Heroes.

Rosetta Stone. That is a great application to use on a PC as well to teach yourself a different language. I have been working on teaching myself Traditional Chinese.

Yes, its nice. But it doesn't teach anything about Grammar.

But it is a useful thing to review the language or learn new words.

I also usually prefer to buy books online.
Those local bookstore are pretty poor about their selection.

That is really good. I never used it myself, but i watched other people use, and it looked easy to learn from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom