any free hosts for streaming mp3 files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

White_Wolf

Baseband Member
I do a silly little wrestling talk show and upload it to various file hosts for my friends to download. Only one place I can find that will allow the content to be accessed via streaming method, and that's eSnips.

I was wondering if anyone here knew of a free file host that would allow mp3's to be hosted, and would stream the audio file when the link is clicked; rather than asking the downloader to save the file to their computer.

I'm looking for something like the mp3 version of youtube.

You can no longer add videos to youtube that are over 10 minutes long. My show is 2 hours.

putfile.com allows
Audio: mp3 mid wav midi - 25mb
Flash: swf - 25mb

However, they do allow video of up to 200mb

So perhaps I can try converting these mp3 files to a video format and uploading them.

How about a chop cut them down to 9min 50sec and then link them? when you get them up please post a link. Also I think you could try the winamp radio I new some one who talked about setting up a show on it essentially it streams whats on your play list at the current time might that help you?

Hot Dang! The zshare.net is exactly what I was looking for.

On the putfile.com concept: I am unable to convert mp3 into a video file. I am unable to use Ulead Video Studio to make an audio track with a single image stay on the screen, and keep the file at a reasonable size; it wants to now play as a 15 - 30 frame per second file video (i.e. huge file).

And also, I am not going to break the show up into a million pieces for Youtube. The time spent uploading one segment at a time would drive me mad.

So luckily Brinson found just what I was looking for *hugs* :D

when you get them up please post a link.

Well, here's the link to the show's blog that contains all of the already existing links to my first and only two episodes thus far
White Wolf's Wrestling Show

Since I've developed a small audience, and people say they like the show, the next episode is going to have intro music, fake call-ins, ridiculous guest interviews (starring me as the guest), an opening news segment, and an actual structure to keep the show from being one droned speech.

Once I figure out how to manipulate the CSS on Blogger I am going to dress the show's homepage up a bit, add a bunch of links to my favorite wrestling forums, and my favorite women's wrestling sites, and matches on youtube. I will also do a pole on every episode asking a specific question in regards to one of the topics within that episode.

I know a fair amount of HTML and CSS, it's just a matter of figuring out the architecture of Blogger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom