Any car buffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
I need some help with a car I am going to be building on the side. Without the hassle of joining another forum cause I am uber lazy, is there anyone here that has a decent expertise on cars can be of help?

ok so what are u buliding hot rod or a more of a import typed car like skylines or supras im not as much of a car buff as i used too iv got like 20 or 30 car mags at my house

the firebird I would hope to come with a decent 350 4-bolt. I would bore it .030 and put a 400 crank in to get that classic 383 and then throw a supercharger and hope for 600 hp on pump gas. lol. The camaro, use the ls1/lt1 that comes with it, put an intake and exhaust, flash the pcm and tear the car apart and get rid of anything I dont need. Seam weld the frame, replace with the rear with a posi unit and get the biggest slicks I can fit. Hopefully the suspension isnt as bad as some people have said in the 90's camaro's.

Street/strip. In that case handling isn't going to be that big of a deal. All about weight transfer. If I were you I would definitely go the F-body route. The LS1 is a mean setup that responds amazing to bolt on mods.

For suspension I dunno about chev's so much (if you wanted to set up a mustang for the strip I could tell you everything. lol) Strange Suspension makes some good drag shocks. For tires you prolly want a drag radial (basically a drag slick that is DOT approved for street use) You can fit a 315 wide tires on an F body pretty easy with a 10.5in rim. The Nitto 555R is a great tire.

Any other questions just ask. I just got off work and am beyond beat.

You must and I mean MUST get some good subframe connectors or you will twist that poor unibody into a pretzel. A good 4-link will be worth every penny at the track too because they are so adjustable. But since I am a Ford guy, I can't help much. You probably already watch the Powerblock on Spike every weekend, but if not start doing that. And hit their website for lots of info and videos for different things. PowerBlockTV.com Your Automotive How-To Shows - HorsePower, Truck!, Muscle Car, Xtreme 4X4

Oh, and be sure you put just as much time and effort into your brakes. Sucks to go 150 MPH and not be able to stop.

I am going to get a ls1 camaro and tear it apart, basically get rid of anything I dont/want need. I should be able to get it down to 2800 pounds. I will also seam weld the chassis. Since the LS1's are under rated I am looking at 325-350hp stock. Hopefully with a cold air intake and a decent exhaust as well as a computer upgrade close to 400 hp. I will rebuild the 6 speed and use a ratchet shifter (my friend's got one, pretty bad arse!). Rear, idk. The stock rear is non-posi. Could I swap the gears out and make it posi? If not a ford 9" or a Chevy 12-bolt for the future. I figure since I won't hit the strip too often I will get the biggest street tires I can find for the rear and a smaller set than the stock tires/rims for the front. I will definatly be redoing the rear suspension so it launches well. Hopefully this combo will be nice. I would have gone with a late 80's mustang but I am tired of people with mustangs thinking they got the fastest thing on the road when they dont. Most guys just put an exhaust on and it sounds mean but its got no-balls and they think there king of the world. Never gonna go mustang, let alone Ford in terms of cars. Parts are another story. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom