Another "Buying a new car thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
As some of you may remember, I asked you all about car suggestions, a few weeks ago. Well, my budget got blown out to due to BS, bills and such. Anyway... I went to a car lot the other day to look at a 2002 Ford Taurus. They sold the car, but another car caught my eye, a 2003/2004 (Can't remember) Kia Optima. Anyone have experience with these, or Kia's in general?

My family had a 99 Kia Sephia, the engine and rest of the car started having MAJOR problems around the 75k mile mark (my family were the only owners). I also remember my brother had a 90-something Kia Sephia and his started having major issues around the 80k mile mark. He's a UTI graduate so I trusted what he was talking about when he told me that these cars are just crap after 90k miles. He could be wrong and we could have just had bad experiences, but If I was you I would stay away, and look into other options.

I would rather take the Ford as appose to the KIA. And this this coming from a Holden Driver. I know a few people with KIAs and they were comning about they are nothing but trouble.

^^^ Ditto. Kia has a bad rep around here, with Saturn right behind them.

I went to test drive it today. Not a bad car at all. Clean carfax, runs and drives out great. Very clean, inside and with some imperfections on the outside. 114k, but comes with a 12mo/12k warranty, for an extra $500. No down, all I have to get it full coverage insurance to drive it off the lot. For less than $4k financed, I can't really go wrong. He's getting it state inspected, new tires, and full "tune up"/regular maintenance tomorrow morning. Should be driving it home tomorrow night, if I can kind a good price for full coverage insurance.

DSC03070Large.jpg

DSC03069Large.jpg

DSC03066Large.jpg

DSC03065Large.jpg

DSC03064Large.jpg

Why did you ask for advice on Kia's then? Every single person here said to stay away, yet you bought it anyway. Sorry, I just don't see the point in your thread.

Either way, congrats on the new purchase. I bet it feels good!

Why did you ask for advice on Kia's then? Every single person here said to stay away, yet you bought it anyway. Sorry, I just don't see the point in your thread.

Either way, congrats on the new purchase. I bet it feels good!

I'm sorry, but I have yet to see where I said I bought the car? Also, just because 3 people on here said they're "not great" doesn't mean I'm going to take that and make my decision on it. I've talked to several people on several other forums, about these Kia's. Yes, you all weren't the only ones saying bad things about them, but there were far more people saying good things about them. With buying it for around $4,000, with my warranty included, I probably WON'T find a better deal than this. If it didn't have a warranty, I probably wouldn't even think about buying it.

Gahh you're right...I don't know what was wrong with me this morning. I read your post and towards the end where you said "Should be driving it home tomorrow night, if I can kind a good price for full coverage insurance", for some reason I came away with already bought. Not sure what was going on inside my head, definitely wasn't trying to come off rude though so sorry about that man. Good luck with whatever purchase you make either way.

Edit: It has no emblem :/ I know no big deal. Maybe you can haggle with the guy and get him to knock the price of warranty down. These days with the economy, and especially car dealerships, I bet they are desperate to sell...I know it's not an Escalade or anything but hey, worth a shot.

I woudln't pay more than 3k for it. Kias are reliable and no frills. Basically, Honda in the 80's. It wont break on you and it's a good value, but don't expect much. How much does it snow where you are? That paint issue on the back looks bad for an '04, but if it snows a lot then road salt would explain it.

I don't know all that much about cars however I do know that KIA's are one of the worst brands out there. The person that used to work at the daycare I went to when I was younger had a KIA and at like 45k miles it needed some major repairs, things you don't see happening to car's like Honda, Toyota, Ford etc. until 200k+ miles. However that was a long time ago, KIA may have improved a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom