Annoyed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
As some of you know i am going on holiday to Whistler, Canada skiing very soon on January 16th. I have been greatly looking forward to it, with november being the snowiest month on record (560cm) and december being nice and cold with further decent snowfalls (150cm) so it has all been great, until now.. now it is all going horribley wrong weather wise :very_angry:
Take a look at this for the village level:

whistlerweather.png

Theres nearly 200mm of rain there.I mean could it be much worse ? 5c in January 700meters up in a mountain in what is well known to be the coldest month of the year, we purposely booked our holiday in January for that very reason. That amount of rain will very easily destroy the snow at the bottom, and damage it significantly upto 1600meters which is the majority of ski runs especially at those high temperatures, and of course it will make evenings horrible if it's raining that much.

So yeh, very annoying - could well ruin the holiday !

edit:

Oops, messed up my spelling of annoyed in the title, mod correct it please ?

Re: Anoyyed !

i don't see how it could be raining there :| a huge cold front of dropped from canada into the US and it's freezing us to death :C about 5 inches of snow on the ground right now from it lol

Hence why it is called weather and it is unpredictable! Their snow front dropped down to the states. I have at least 5 feet of snow gathered in my yard waiting for me to shovel it.

Should change your plans and go to Holiday Valley or Kissing Bridge. :p

But really i dont understand why you are annoyed with something that cant be controlled or predicted. It isnt the weathers fault that it is ever changing and doesnt work on your schedule...

Hence why it is called weather and it is unpredictable! Their snow front dropped down to the states. I have at least 5 feet of snow gathered in my yard waiting for me to shovel it.

Should change your plans and go to Holiday Valley or Kissing Bridge. :p

But really i dont understand why you are annoyed with something that cant be controlled or predicted. It isnt the weathers fault that it is ever changing and doesnt work on your schedule...

I am annoyed at my bad luck. Whistler is renowned for having exceptionally high snowfall.. and then it comes to 2 weeks from me going and it drops over a months worth of rain in just a few days and temperatures are higher there than they are here in the UK at sea level. Wouldn't you be annoyed if a £17,500 holiday (mum paid for the whole family to go with inheritance money) was potentially ruined by some rain ?

5feet of snow ? i want pics !

The UK is getting about 20cm of snow tonight in some parts and it brings the whole country to a stand still, no bus's, trains, flights, schools closed, people don't go to work. We are very poorly prepared over here.

One good thing is the new forcast for Whistler estimates 50mm less rain and temperatures are 1c lower :)

I guess i'll just ski at the top of the slope where conditions will be much better:

whistlerweather-1.png

Oreo, I know how you are feeling. Like my orginal plans for this holiday where suppose to be that i would be doing some camping this summer. However both locations (1. Kosiosko National Park, 2. Warrenbungles National Park) have been a complete wash out with rain. In fact, when it came down to Warrenbungles, there as a the danger of flooding too. And this is suppose to be the dryiest month.

Our Weather can change drasstically in a couple days.

Youj don't believe the reports unless its a day away.

Weather Forecast: Whistler, British Columbia - The Weather Network is the reports I'd put more faith in. Even though theres say, 5mm rain, theres also 5cm of snow.

In 2 weeks, a cold spell could easily drop in and cool it to around 0 and it'll all be snow.

Well i'm sad and monitor the live temperatures on whistlerblackcomb.com and look at the forcast on snow-forecast.com, and they seem accurate enough to me. They get the general idea of things right up to 7 or so days, if they say it's going to be very cold and -15, by the time we get to that date it's usually actually -12 to -19. They're not totally off, predicting the amount of snow isn't accurate until 3 or 4 days in. But then snow falls are very hard to predict.

I watched a forcast for the UK today and the weatherman goes along the lines of "If you were wondering why you didn't see 10cm of snow on the ground as you woke up this morning in central england as predicted.. well extremely oddly the weather system decided to totally split in 2 and go in different paths..uhm"

But yeh. Still annoyed, just really hope it's cold while i'm actually there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom