Anime. What's the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FghtinIrshNvrDi

Fully Optimized
I cannot fathom how people can get so much into this. I've been wondering for years, and figured since a lot of people here are into it, I might get an answer. The only people around me that like it are flippin retarded and have sub 70 IQ scores... Not kidding.

Why is this so popular?
Why are fans of this stuck on this style of animation? It seems really simple and not impressive at all.
Why did it get it's own word? We can call it Japanese Animation.
How is this addicting, or how does it draw you into another cartoon, because of the style of animation? I mean, clearly, that's one of the only things in common between all of the different Anime series and shows.

Ryan

lol - oh boy...

I myself have actually given it a honest chance. My brother loves it and i've tried to watch it with him. I just can't get into it. For me there is just something missing.

The artists that create that stuff are really talented and I enjoy the visual stuff, I think it's more the story lines and overall feeling of it that doesn't do it for me. (I aways feel like it's cheesy in some way.)

Well, see... That's the thing. There must be some X factor that draws people in. The animation doesn't impress me at all... It's a big copycat game. It seems highly unoriginal. If you don't have your own style, as an artist, how can you really be any good? Creativity can be expressed in different ways, not just the same ole animation style everyone else uses.

My friend's girlfriend, who happens to be dumber than a brick made of ****, is totally into anime. She has everything anime, and I don't understand what she likes about it. There's other things in the world that are really sweet that she's missing out on because she's in an anime spell.

Clarity please boys. I'm not trying to trash the thing, nor am I calling y'all stupid. Just the people I've dealt with that like it don't make a good first impression.

Ryan

HAVOC2k5 said:
The artists that create that stuff are really talented and I enjoy the visual stuff, I think it's more the story lines and overall feeling of it that doesn't do it for me. (I aways feel like it's cheesy in some way.)

It really depends on which shows you watch whether they're cheesy or not :p
If you're watching something like DiGi Charat, then yes. Its VERY cheesy.
But if you're watching a movie, like Spirited Away or any other of Mr. Miyazaki's movies, then those are extremely thought provoking stories with amazing artwork to compliment it.

Sometimes-Okay, most times, there is alot of stuff lost in translation from Japanese to English. I find the best way to watch anime is in Japanese with English subtitles. For a movie like Ghost In The Shell, comparing the English translation to the Japanese is like a completely different movie. The Japanese version is 10 times better IMO.

It takes a certain kind of person to really appreciate this style of animation, and not everyone is that kind of person. :confused: Pretty much just like everything else in life. :p

Personally I really dont like anime that much, infact I never watch it.

But I do know a few people that like it and I know well

One person, yes he's weird and can be a bit anti-social, but he's smart.

Another person is very smart and very social and like a god.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
Why is this so popular?
Because over in japan, they don't have the space for setting up movie or television studios like we do in the US, Canada or Australa.
So instead they have alot of animation studios instead.
It's expesive to hold a sound studio, let along storage for sets and props over there. You can normally tell when watching some live Japanese action TV shows. Like the actors might be good. But the sets suck.
Not the case with anime. About the biggest amount of space you need for producing an anime it a sound studio. Every thing else can be don't in space of an appartment building. (This can be the case with some of them)
Therefore, Japan does produce alot of anime as a medium for entertainment. Hense the reason why people comment that there is a lot of it.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
How is this addicting, or how does it draw you into another cartoon, because of the style of animation? I mean, clearly, that's one of the only things in common between all of the different Anime series and shows.
Personally I am more of a fan of animation in general. Provided that there is good story, good animation and some thing to keep me interested in, I really don't care if it's from Asia, Europe, Australia or USA.
Like I used to watch a lot of MTV's Liquid Television when it was on.

One of the thing that I like about anime over cartoon is the wide verity of topics and stories. You say's it's addicting. Yes it is. But so can other shows. Like die hard star trek / star wars / comic book fans

[edit]The other reason why I anime is that it's different. Like for the first 10 years of my life, I was living on Bugs Bunny, Hanna Barbra Cartoon. Does jokes did not change back then. They still have not changed now.
And show like He-Man or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were most of the time 1 episode plots with very little connecting them together.
Where as anime, most of the time it a very big story. Like Sci-Fi Battlestar Galactica or SG-1[/edit]

Mind you, just because some one it into anime, does not mean that they are automatically going to like every single show that is out there. Like i can not stand 90% of the stuff that does make it to television. Like I do not like show shows like Pokimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball.

Over all, Different People Like Different Things.
I guess that is what makes us human.

Re: Re: Anime. What's the deal?

Harper said:

Ok im not sure you can call this human.

My bro will kill me if he knew i posted this but he is 16 1/2, no license, still watches Yu-Gi-Oh, still plays the card game, has Yu-Gi-Oh posters on his wall (along with FFX-2), and every thursday goes to some geeky comic book place to play Yu-Gi-Oh with other people.

does anyone exept me, my mom, my dad, and all MY friends (his friends are just like him exept one of his friends has his permit) think he should grow up, or at least get his license?

Re: Re: Anime. What's the deal?

Harper said:

What part of this did you not understand? If your brother likes to play Yu-goho whatever, then thats his deal. If he doesn't want to get a permit then he doesn't have to. He'll grow up eventually, everyone does. Its not really something you should worry about. :confused:

I will conclude this thread by saying :- "It Takes All Kinds A World"

If your brother is rather play Yu-Gi-Oh (Or World Of Warcraft, HL2, what ever) as appose to getting his drivers permit, then that is his look out.

Re: Re: Re: Anime. What's the deal?

mac_mogul said:
What part of this did you not understand? If your brother likes to play Yu-goho whatever, then thats his deal. If he doesn't want to get a permit then he doesn't have to. He'll grow up eventually, everyone does. Its not really something you should worry about. :confused:

It's not something i worry about it's more my mom she gets really ****ed when she has to drive him somewhere when he can be doing it himself, and i dont know why he dosent get his permit/license because for some reason he makes my mom drive about 50mi to get to the place where he plays it. but like you said it's his decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom