American dollars....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get paid in US dollars, so whenever a check comes in, I'm praying for the Canadian dollar to tank... so I can get a nice exchange.

It used to be a big payday for me, but lately the Can. dollar has been too high for my liking.

hey you us people take advanytage of our 75 sents to your dollar. I really dont care if it dont satisfy you, its our dollar and its going up So guess you wont be able to take advantage any more huh well not as much anyhow.
GO CANADA

Don't forget, as the canadian dollar goes up, jobs are lost, because manufacturing companies that buy parts from the US (and used to get them at good prices with a low Can. dollar), now have to spend more money to buy the parts...prices on those products go up, less exports as a result...and jobs are lost.

Also, tourism suffers, as people decide to stay home, when before they may have been attracted to a "cheap" vacation in Canada, where they got more bang for thier buck.

jobs will still be good and tourism also, canada shouldn't have an abnormally low dollar just for that

WHAT!?!?!?! YOU deserve int'l buying power? What about the argentinians or the vietnamese, whose currency is so bad that an average family would have to go bankrupt to buy one of the computers your using to read this? Maybe you guys missed my "history lesson" or maybe you didn't care, but the point is an easy one.....You know that hollywood blockbuster with the cute chick and lots of explosions? Don't go see it (you've seen it before, they have computers write those scripts, you know, stock jokes substituted into different profesions) If the rest of the world would stop giving in to the hype and put money towards their own industries, then this "problem" of the ever-strong dollar would disappear....The only thing that tips the scales to create an abundantly more sucessful USA is the belief that the USA is more sucessful....Vote with your dollar (yes, you can) See local movies, buy coffee from the local shop, rather than Starbucks, and next time you go to buy a CD think, "Couldn't someone here get my money instead, and satisfy me as much?" I live in the US and I can do this, as NM has one of the most dirt poor economies in the whole country!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom