AMD outsells intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason AMD's processors are so cheap is because of the way they manufacture the processors. Like I think its an Athlon 4000+ that is just a FX-55 without 1mb of cache. They make the chip, test it for cache, if it was 2mb then they label it an FX-55, if it tests for 1mb then they label it 4000+, it it has nothing, they mark it X and it goes in the AMD Garbage bin ^___^

It's kinda shady, but it works. Big name OEM pc makers like HP and compaq are using Semprons instead of Celerons for their budget "Future Shop customer" line of computers. The only real PC maker that is faithful to old blue intel is Dell. Our school computers use LGA776 2.66ghz celerons with the BTX motherboard standard. Man... do they suck or do they suck =(

My school uses Pentium 4 with Hyperthreading running at 3.2ghz.

Now they cry about buget this year;)

the way i look at it.. Intel is like Hollister ripped up jeans.
AMD is like... wal mart jeans (idk, giving an example)

Why spend 60 bucks for something ripped up and not as good as cheaper jeans that are in perfect condition

In California the schools always cry about how they don't have enough money. All the money in my school goes towards Sports, or should I just say, football, the best computers we have are Macs, then rest are old pentium 3s.

Yea, I was actually hoping this wouldn't come up again, lol.

We discussed the new Intel procs. a few pages back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom