AMD/ATi Merger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not bad, I just started working and I'm home from school for the summer so now I have time to come back and annoy the powers that be here on TF :). Just doing my puttin around, whats going on josh?

The General said:
^ Agreed. Asus blows. Then again, so does AMD and ATi. Looks like all the crappy companies are grouping together. But I don't get it. Crappy + Crappy = Crappier, but I guess they think Crappy + Crappy = Good.

They are grossly mistaken.
Simple case that there is no money is hardware and a lot of companys are Selling out now while there is still money as the market is flooded.

Eg. IBM selling their hardware section over to Lenovo
Seagate buying out Maxtor
AMD / ATi merger
Asus / Gigabyte Merger.

And that is just the manufacturers. Like there is lot of distributors doing the same.
Eg. Ingram Micro buying out Tech Pacific
The local AUTHORISED Apple Distributor has been sold.

And there is a lot of other IT Disitributors companies that I know that are looking for some one else to just buy them out.
And then there is the few that just disappear. Eg. BCN Technology (Thermaltake, Leadtek Distributor) just closed their doors one day.

There is no money in computer hardware any more.

idk about no money, but their margins have dropped tremendously..

and The General.... AMD and ATI are both crappy?!

tommyboy123x said:
idk about no money, but their margins have dropped tremendously..

and The General.... AMD and ATI are both crappy?!

Well, Intel pwns AMD's top-of-the-line, and nVidia pwns ATi's top-of-the-line, so yes. They both suck right now.

define what you mean by "crappy"

AMD has been ahead multiple times. their X2's were well ahead of the Pentium D's. so AMD is definately no slouch.

the performance lead see-saws all the time.

so AMD is not ahead now. that doesn't mean they are "Crappy"

ATI is not ahead now. that doen't mean they are "crappy"
plus, who knows how the next GPU's are going to perform. the R600 is supposed to have 64 pipelines and a core clock of 1000MHZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom