Amazing Global Warming Video - All Sides Considered...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I do understand that the earth goes through looooong times of freezing and heating, but if thats the case, why is a fifth of the ice from 1979 missing?

Maybe it's the energy from the sun that's causing it.

I think we can all agree that something significant is happening, and it's causes abnormalities and breaking records. Either way, are we prepared to adapt to the changes, assuming they are significant?

Well I do understand that the earth goes through looooong times of freezing and heating, but if thats the case, why is a fifth of the ice from 1979 missing?
because the Earth's temperature is a little higher than in 1979

and about 1000 years ago, the temperature was significantly lower than it is now, or in 1979. Increases in temperature started happening well before the industrial revolution.

Earth gets by far the vast majority of its energy from the sun. And the sun's energy output isn't constant.
It stands to reason that Earth's temperature will change along with the sun's energy output.

I think we can all agree that something significant is happening, and it's causes abnormalities and breaking records.
If you only consider the last century of data, then it might be considered a record.
Either way, are we prepared to adapt to the changes, assuming they are significant?
Yes. And that does not mean we must decrease CO2 drastically.

Yes. And that does not mean we must decrease CO2 drastically.

There is interesting evidence showing that the radiation band corresponding to CO2 has already been saturated, and adding more will not change anything, but who knows. I can't remember exactly where the site is or what his name was, but I learned of the theory in my mechanical engineering courses.

There is interesting evidence showing that the radiation band corresponding to CO2 has already been saturated, and adding more will not change anything, but who knows. I can't remember exactly where the site is or what his name was, but I learned of the theory in my mechanical engineering courses.
But the question is, will less CO2 change anything, either?

CO2 might reflect some radiation back to Earth. But it stands to reason that it would also reflect some radiation back into space, aswell.

oh my god, not this bull**** again. now i remember who you are. that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard

this data is almost completely irrelevant because the periods are something like 50,000 to 100,000 years in length. do you really think a temperature change over 30 years matters in the kind of time frame we're dealing with????
Maybe it's the energy from the sun that's causing it.
now that's a little more open-minded
I think we can all agree that something significant is happening, and it's causes abnormalities and breaking records. Either way, are we prepared to adapt to the changes, assuming they are significant?
yes. changes in weather and sea level aren't going to doom civilization

this data is almost completely irrelevant because the periods are something like 50,000 to 100,000 years in length. do you really think a temperature change over 30 years matters in the kind of time frame we're dealing with????
now that's a little more open-minded
yes. changes in weather and sea level aren't going to doom civilization

THAT'S MY EXACT POINT... Why is such a HUGE portion missing in the blink of an eye, when it should take thousands of years? (my goodness!)

A change in sea level would severely hinder civilization. How is anything supposed to get anywhere if all of the ports/cities are completely under water?

THAT'S MY EXACT POINT... Why is such a HUGE portion missing in the blink of an eye, when it should take thousands of years? (my goodness!)
It's only fairly recently that humans have bothered to record the changes of ice levels. What makes you think this is the first time this has happened?

A change in sea level would severely hinder civilization. How is anything supposed to get anywhere if all of the ports/cities are completely under water?
If we suppose hypothetically that that happens. People could just move, or something?

But it's not like one day the water will be at a certain level, and then *boom* overnight, suddenly people are drowning in their beds, or something.....

But if 1/5 of the ice has already melted, shouldn't we already have seen some significant change in the oceans?

That's the guy. He talked extremely fast and confused the **** out of us. I do know that he did say the carbon band is saturated, which we all took as global warming is not fully accounted by the uv rays. There's something else happening, because all of the uv rays that carbon can trap are already being trapped, yet carbon is still destroying the atmosphere.
And yet, I can still breathe fine.

It's only fairly recently that humans have bothered to record the changes of ice levels. What makes you think this is the first time this has happened

If we suppose hypothetically that that happens. People could just move, or something?

But it's not like one day the water will be at a certain level, and then *boom* overnight, suddenly people are drowning in their beds, or something.....

But if 1/5 of the ice has already melted, shouldn't we already have seen some significant change in the oceans?

Moving... Where are you going to put the 8 million people from NYC/Long Island? Can America even survive without NYC? How about FL? You're talking about maaaaassive displacement. IDC how long it takes, that's a big challenge.

Melting... That's just the arctic. The Antarctic is much much larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom