Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ewido

• Others

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for reference, i currently own a 939. Technically, two, but one is my own computer, and the other is one i built for my mother's birthday.

I voted M2. 939 is great and all, but like you even stated, there are going to be no processor upgrades later on down the road. Honestly, i could live with that, but eventually, i'd upgrade to an upgradable computer. I support AMD heavily. Intel's are fine and dandy, i just like AMD's better because they seem to run a little bit smoother to me. I chose M2 (or AM2) because it's going to have further upgradability, which is always a plus, and it supports DDR2 memory, so it'll be able to stay up-to-date with RAM.

But Conroe isn't out yet, hwo could we judge how smooth it will run? I don't really think we can judge by some benchmarks done by people with the Chips overclocked almost 100% with Ln2.

AM2 as I am AMD All the Way.

However my current workstation motherboard which is an Intel board that take Dual Core CPU with DDR and APG making the think dirty thoughts.

well conroe, duh, but if i were to choose am2, i would get s939, because remember am2 is also available for am2, and the only difference is the ram which is a lil bit cheaper than DDR.

wahhhhhh. AM2 is available for AM2 ;) well i never..........

i think AM2 on s939 is a bit of an oxymoron, being that AM2 is a socket.

as for me i would build conroe if i could afford it. otherwise i would stick with s939

I'd get a s939 because an FX-60 would have enough power to last me years. But I have a s754 system and it still has life in it. When fully upgraded my Lanparty nF3 250GB would have a 3700+ San Diego, a 512MB 7800GS, and 2GB of RAM. That's a decent system.

But Conroe isn't out yet, hwo could we judge how smooth it will run? I don't really think we can judge by some benchmarks done by people with the Chips overclocked almost 100% with Ln2.
It is to the sponsors but thats it. Ive played on it and it is REALLY smooth. I likey!

The way I think about Conroe is that even though it will be a powerhouse that is soft on the wallet, it won't become the standard in gaming performance where game developers will start designing graphics around it. They're many people with P4s, AMD 64's, and of course the die-hard AMD fanboys that won't buy an Intel CPU to save thier mom from being raped. This is also the thing with DX10, many developers won't touch it until it starts to become the hardware becomes more popular and becomes the standard like DX9 has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom