Am I outta my mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its sad that any topic that might incite a real discussion, some real debate is thoughtlessly closed. I mean why is it we can have/do permit Norcent or someone post a thread as asinine as intentionally stepping on a nail because "there would be less pain," or whatever other stupid topic of the day. But God forbid a mature topic is brought up. We just can't have that, we need to have some rules, eh?

DefragMyHead said:
I think its sad that any topic that might incite a real discussion, some real debate is thoughtlessly closed. I mean why is it we can have/do permit Norcent or someone post a thread as asinine as intentionally stepping on a nail because "there would be less pain," or whatever other stupid topic of the day. But God forbid a mature topic is brought up. We just can't have that, we need to have some rules, eh?
I know how you feel. It happens to the best of them...

DefragMyHead said:
It's just that this would have been the first incidence of a thread completely disappearing here to me. I've seen threads locked tons of times, but never just vanish.
I recently saw a thread just vanish as well, and it's not in the moved sticky. It was about why the Logitech G7 mouse sucked, and I had replied to it and went to bed, hoping the next morning there would be some interesting replies, but the thread was nowhere to be found. It was right here in the OT section, and it was not related to politics or sex or religion or anything.

Oh and I did not see it in the moved thread either.

I think its sad that any topic that might incite a real discussion, some real debate is thoughtlessly closed.
It's really not that tough to figure out why.

You have 13 year old idiots who run around who think they know everything when they haven't a clue of what's really going on as far as politics are concerned. Then you have the old timers who are so stuck in their ways, nothing short of a nuclear bomb on their homes will change their mind.

Combine those two and you have a 110% chance of those threads turning out to be the same old droned out crap that ALWAYS happens in this place. You get threads using up space that sound like broken records and people bantering about useless crap in which neither side will budge.

See......it's really not that complex of a situation to figure out. There is no need for politics to be spoken of here. I really dont understand why people have such a hard time understanding this. As I've said in a different thread create your own "Tech-Forum Political Branch!" forums if you want politics that bad. Get over it people, it's not coming back and I for one, and happy as crap that those stupid threads aren't allowed anymore.

GET OVER IT.

Jeez, I need to just save this post because no doubt within two weeks people will post the same "Ehhh, why cant we have our politics thread so we can flame each other and act like idiots" (because yes, that's what always happens)

I agree. Im glad the politics threads are gone and the sex and religion. Those 3 topics where flamed over so much it got tiring. Thats exactly why it got banned from these here forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom