Am I the only one who hates...

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
Fast motion or tru-motion..

Are all new HDTV's coming with this feature now? As I'm looking for a quality HDTV but I cannot play games at all on a fast motion Pictured TV, What's the best Hz to go for aswell? I'm at a friends house who owns a Samsung which is over 50inch and has this feature, some scenes are quick motion then they just stutter and go back to normal lol.

What do you think of the Faster Motion Picture?

It's great for normal viewing but not for games. On most TVs you can disable it though by a setting in the options or setting the HDMI to PC or game mode.

Fast motion or tru-motion..

Are all new HDTV's coming with this feature now? As I'm looking for a quality HDTV but I cannot play games at all on a fast motion Pictured TV, What's the best Hz to go for aswell? I'm at a friends house who owns a Samsung which is over 50inch and has this feature, some scenes are quick motion then they just stutter and go back to normal lol.

What do you think of the Faster Motion Picture?

If you are referring to the anti judder tech, often it it just fails miserably. There are only two ways to really solve this, genuinely increase panel refresh rate, or the new low persistence tech used in Oculus Rift. This ******** fake ultra high refresh rate is pretty junk. Even if you do increase refresh rate properly, the footage is normally still only recorded at 24p.

But yeah - game mode often, or atleast should, turn off most if not all post processing.

Tru-motion processing is the opposite of V-Sync in the sense that V-Sync lowers the frame rate to match the refresh rate and Tru-Motion adds frames when FPS goes below the refresh rate of the TV.

So, if you have a 120hz TV with Tru-Motion and you're playing a game that is locked at 30fps, the TV is generating an extra 3 frames per second. This leads to jumpy performance through some scenes as the TV doesn't always know where to put the pixels and it also creates a small amount of input lag which is a gamer's nightmare...

The Tru-Motion is purely a marketing tool to grab your attention in store when you see bright colors and shapes moving around on the screen smoother than life. It looks cool but it isn't preferred if you're actually trying to watch something.

Back
Top Bottom