Almost a pilot!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesgroovin

HONK if you route packets
I just found out that I just passed my ground test!!!!!!!!!

Gonna be a full-on airplane pilot in a few months!!!!!!!!

Watch out United!!! I just may run into you.... not on purpose of course....

pictures of me flying to come soon!!!!
(not in a dress......)

that was in reference to my halloween picture of course! hehe

thanks....

flying is soooooo exhilarating!!!! such a blank sky up there.....so much fun!
although......i did see a bunch of 1s and 0s up there?!?! hehe.....must've been wireless communications.....
geeeez, i'm such a geek.....

Wow. That's incredible.

So what sort of flying are you going to be doing? A commercial airlines pilot? If so, what airline :p?

Good luck to you, and congratulations. :cool:

no, not commercial.....that requires so much more.....
i'm going to just be a private pilot. which means that i can fly anyone as long that i'n not paid to do so. this also carrys the "bush pilots" license (mostly in alaska). there are certain classes of planes that i can fly so far. i "could in theory" fly a boeing plane......but, they are a little too large for me right now.

mikesgroovin,

Can we still access Internet while flying on a plane? :confused: . It will be boring if we can't access. I would quit the job in that case..

Anyz, must be real cool flying.:cool: ....:D

internet while flying? in a short answer....yes. i fly below 20,000 feet and have been able to access the inet so far. even at 20,000 feet you can reac a nextel service....so i know that inet service of some stature is available up there.

that's the thing about flying though......i deal with networks all day....every damn day. thats all i do....flying, is sort of my way to escape.....
i don't want to connect with anyone up there....well, except with atc!!!! hehehe (air traffic control)

mikesgroovin,

Wow, that means you can connect a webcam to your laptop and live stream video to T.F members when you fly.....that should be intresting :rolleyes:

well.....yea. actually...that's not a bad idea. i think that the livestream would be pretty iffy though. i'll just save it to my laptop and then stream it later (non-live)

Oh man that's so cool, you're so lucky :eek:
I always wished I could be a pilot but a commercial one so that people could clap when I would land the plane.:p
But anyways, good luck with that man:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom