To All You SUV Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just refuse to ever buy or suggest a honda. They are made out of tin foil and dent so easily its just not funny.

^^ Honda's may dent easily but at least they are reliable.

I seriously don't recommend getting a VW. One of my friends had a Passat and it was horrible. The car easily spent as much time either broken or in the shop being fixed as it did on the road.

Everyone I know that has a Honda hasn't had any problems with them. I haven't had any problems with Toyota's either. We have owned 4 of them and none of them had a single mechanical problem at all.

I personally have only had 1 issue with mine, that was the water pump, which is common on vw's. My dad's 98 passat has close to 250k miles on it and hasnt had any problems that werent caused by him doing something dumb.

I personally have only had 1 issue with mine, that was the water pump, which is common on vw's. My dad's 98 passat has close to 250k miles on it and hasnt had any problems that werent caused by him doing something dumb.

I would consider the water pump going out to be a pretty serious problem.

ok, I'm sure someone has commented on this before, but I don't want to read 6 pages of stuff. Isn't 10k a pretty decent budget? Especially for a first car! Most parents in my area would spend $5k tops for their child's first car, and that can still usually get nice cars. Heck, my 2000 mustang is in perfect condition and looks and runs great, and was only $6. You could easily get a great first car for 10k. Oh and my honda hit 220k miles before I traded it when I bought the mustang. It had been through a lot (a few runs into the ditch on icy roads, a few bumper touches with other cars (all before it was passed down to me from my dad), and it never had any problems or was ever dented at all. Plus, it got like 30+mpg city and 40+ highway.

10k for a starter car could get you something really nice like the Subaru's everyone's been saying. Or, for more sports cars, look into the Tiburon (a personal fave of mine).

I'm fairly sure that the waterpump on mine died to the multiple climates it has had to deal with in the 4 years ive had it. Things my father has done to his car.
120k new timing belt/water pump(cheap insurance)
around 150k miles, new transmission (put a 4x4 piece of lumber through it at 80mph)
oil changes every 5k or so (he doesnt even use synthetic like he's supposed to)
Heck for 10k, just go buy a brand spanking new kia or hyundai. They're disposable anyway. Buy it, drive it until the warranty runs out and go buy a new one.

not really.

Its not transmission or engine block so no biggie.

Water pumps commonly go out at some point in many cars.

When you are comparing it to vehicles that have zero mechanical problems it is. If I had a water pump go out on a <5 year old vehicle you can be sure it would be the last one I bought from that manufacturer.

When you are comparing it to vehicles that have zero mechanical problems it is. If I had a water pump go out on a <5 year old vehicle you can be sure it would be the last one I bought from that manufacturer.

Because honda has never had a defective part on ANY of their cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom