To All You SUV Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vern, go with what YOU want, not what we all argue about. If you want a small/mid SUV, get one. It's your first car and you want it to be something you want to drive.

No, SUV's are not as good as cars vs rollovers and their gas mileage is not always the best, but they are fun to drive. While they are not as cargo friendly as a pickup they will carry more than a car (especially if the rear seat(s) are removeable or fold down). Being up higher gives you better visibility.

I love my Expedition (full sized but still fun). the RAV4 is another fun one... my wife's friend has one. my mother-in-law has an older model Jeep Cherokee, but it's like driving a pine box with straight axles :s.

the big difference in the rav4 and 4runner is the Rav is a front wheeldrive, and all car parts, axle size and such. Where as a 4runner is rear drive and parts out of the tundra line...

Also all ravs aren't 4 wheeldrive.... but either only 2 or deemed "all"-wheel drive.

Thread revived.. my parents will not let me get an SUV thanks to an article I showed them ;)

So Sedans.. recommendations please $10,000 still

my recomendation is a 1998-2002 trans am. if you can find one for around 10k then you would be (almost) king of the road. if you pulled up to a wrx you could blow his doors off! man, my step dad let me drive our 03 Z06 and wow. i did a 2nd gear start all the way up to 80 mph. while getting 5mpg. but wow. that kind of powr is sweet! but that's just my 1.3465 cents, you get what ever makes you happy. :D < i love that little guy.

my recomendation is a 1998-2002 trans am. if you can find one for around 10k then you would be (almost) king of the road. if you pulled up to a wrx you could blow his doors off! man, my step dad let me drive our 03 Z06 and wow. i did a 2nd gear start all the way up to 80 mph. while getting 5mpg. but wow. that kind of powr is sweet! but that's just my 1.3465 cents, you get what ever makes you happy. :D < i love that little guy.

This might be true, but a v8 2 door sportscar is going to cost out the butt to insure. Also, a car that old is going to have lots of maintenance issues. I still personally suggest a 3-4 year old vw gti/golf or a small hatchback. Something that isnt goint to take a lot of maintenance that you wont mind beating up. If you are still in high/school college, you really dont want a nice car, because of all the stupid little kids that are going to bang it up.

Btw, this is from personal experience, i had a nice car in college and constantly wanted to kill people because it got a new ding/dent/scratch at least every couple of weeks. Its just not possible to keep a car in good shape until you get out of school. Too many a-holes driving mommie and daddies vehicles that they didnt have to pay for and dont care about.

This just isn't going to work vern. You have philbar the diehard chevy guy. and V dub pushing the golf. :D

You know you are going to end up with something like a 1998 accord. So you might as well pick one out now. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom