to all my fellow Geeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshi229

Daemon Poster
Geeks, though proud as we may be of our superior title suggesting higher than usual inteligence, it comes at a price for many. We are commonly steriotyped. one of these prefab. ideas about geeks is our glasses... here is some problems i've had with mine... what about you... problems with short sleeve button up shirts, or pocket protectors, or glasses, or flat shoes... how many "Geek" items do you wear?

my vision plan isn't accepted at Lense crafters, so the place i went to said it would take about 5-7 days to get my glasses, 3 1/2 weeks later i have my new eyes! now everyone smiles at me and recognize me as the computer "geek"... hmm

I wear a 3 piece suit and a ford racing hat, and i dont care if i go a week without shaving. i dont care how the users see me, as long as they recognize that i have all the power and the network is mine. If they piss me off, all i have to do is open up active directory and do a few tweaks to make there day bad.
Eh just an insight into my personality. How many of you keep jumpdrives on your badges? lol i got 2 1gig ones that i keep with me at all time

i carry a laptop in a backpack, but thats about it.
i only wear shoes because i "may" need them once i leave the office to visit a client unexpectedly. otherwise, once i'm in the office, i never wear them.
for the most part, now that i think about it, i'm very unprofessional, or "geeky", in appearence. no shoes, headphones on and music playing, etc.
but no matter what i do or how i dress, everytime i walk around the office and walk by the service depatment, service technicians quickly minimize "mindsweeper" or other various games and/or websites. rofl... good reflexes! or yet.......not so much....

Uh... I carry around my laptop, have a pair of needlenose pliers on me 3/4 of the time, also have a jump drive. My glasses can't quite burn ants, but they're gettin' closer everyday.

The beard qualifies me (as others see it) to be either a computer geek or an assassin.

I dont wear any geek clothes or warez, I own and run a courier service, so I look like a bike mesenger(go figure).Now, my apartment looks like a geek apartment or a computer store :)

Well i dont look geeky at all. I look like a prep actually(aeropostal clothes and such) and i wear anarchic wear shoes lol. (hate the GOV). I carry around a dell laptop case w/ an E-machines Lappy in it plus my bag(i call it my man purse lol) and i have 20-20 vision so i dont wear glasses. I drive my car so i look cool and you cant really tell i like computers at all until you get to know me or you come to my house. We look like frys electronics ppl!! We have computers everywhere. Even our fridge has a computer in it!! (came w/ the house though) But yea im a geek by nature but i guess it looks like i try to coever it up. Im pretty much a punk rocker geek lol.

"The Matrix Man..."

<-- Look at the avatar <--

<-- I dress like this, i look like this.

<-- I AM THIS: <-- :angry: :cool:

I am the archetypical "fat geek".

No glasses or pocket protectors. Never wears jeans. Always needs a shave. Always neads to have his hair trimmed up.

Most conversations I'm in soon turn to the subject of computers, and I have to watch closely so I don't miss the moment that i have just gone over their heads. I mean, the release of Intel 64's was major, and the switching to 90nm soon to be followed by 65nm is amazing, but so many mere mortals are oblivious to it...

no stereotypes here. 6'7" 220pounds. at work i'm usually in slacks and a dress shirt/tie. no glasses, but i do have contacts. wireless laptop at home. at home i wear shorts or jeans. i don't carry accessories around as i have no need for them. when i'm off work, i'm finished. i turn off the computer side and venture out into the world as me, not a pc guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom