AlienWare!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't really offer enough configuration options for my taste. You can build a better one or have a better one built for you and save some serious cash. There are deffinitly nicer cases to be had.

horndude said:
Glad im not paying for it.Then again top of the line graphics cards these days cost more than $1000, thats crazy too.
One of the reasons why I find spending anything more than AU$350 on a VGA card is a waste of money.
If the chipset does not get discontinued, the price of the video card will come down heavily in the following 6 months.

waynejkruse10 said:
i paid AU 71 for my graphics card and i dont think i would have got any more use out of a AU 350 card
Depends on the on use.

Like I have a habit of selling off my older video cards to other people after about 12 to 18 months.

Well, first off, you can either use the configuration tool on the website to put things together, but that's not all you're limited to. That's just the fast, automated way of ordering and seeing a decent lineup of stuff. If you're serious about computers and know what you want, then you contact them directly and talk to a consultant to set up a custom machine. Doesn't cost you anything extra, and you can really pick-n-choose what you want. Anything they can get their hands on, you can pretty much get.

Second, I understand fully the argument of building a machine yourself for cheaper, but that's not what Alienware is there for. Alienware is a computer company, in the same bracket as DELL, Gateway, etc, but way at the top of the stack, up with Falcon and SysTech.

Third, a very small percentage of the people going to Alienware are of the type that don't know anything about computers (unlike the majority of those going to DELL and Gateway). Most often, they're professionals and business-people who want an excellent laptop/PC with great support and good features, without having to build it themselves. Alienware is setup to be the cream of the crop, for those who don't want to build their own PC, or those who don't have the time to build their own PC.

The bottom line is, computer hobbiests with the time and knowledge to build their own rigs, aren't the target market for Alienware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom