Alcohol Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Duno wether its the same in america.

But i was wondering, does one unit of beer have the same effect on you as one unit of a spirit (%37.5)

Also, do some alcohols effect you more than others ? even when they contain the same percentage of alcohol. I was wondering this because one beer never seems to effect my parents, but i can usually tell if they have took a unit of spirit.

Cheers.

Some kinds of drinks are absorbed faster than others. Mixed drinks are usually absorbed faster compared to beer....

However normally a pint is like 2.2 or so units of alcohol while a shot is 1 unit (and 35 measley mL here :( ,thats why I never get mixed drinks)....

However, 35mL of booze isn't going to get anyone drunk...your parents probably had more than 1 unit.

It takes me about 1.5-2 pints before I can even feel any alcohol and about 4 50 mL shots

And no America doesn't have the same unit system unfortunately....it's quite a good way of rating booze content.

tellin me. beer doesn't do anything for me, neither does gin. Only vodka. Its weird. And no i don't go binge drinking, just christmas :)

I want some 190 proof everclear to myself, straight from the bottle. My god i cant even down gin without pullin a face, and then i have to have half a bottle to get to a state of not walking.

O and my next question is, if you don't eat for a while before hand do you become drunk quicker, or is it slower, because your stomach isnt as active.

Im pretty sure trotter will enforce the harsh reality on me... meh. Wereas you, Ste. encourage me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom