AKKK!!!! I just won an Intel Pentium D 2.8 CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I was down at the INTEL + GIGABYTE + SEAGATE + KINGSTONE LAUNCH tonight. Rather informative as it told me what to espect in the new year.

- Windows Vista
- Windows Media Centre
- New Chipset

However in the end, I won the door price.... and Intel Pentium D 2.8 CPU.

I am really happy about this, however I have NFI what I am going to do with it as I was sort of hoping not to upgrade my current IT infrastuctre for another 14 months. :( :(

I am currently debating about using it in a proper media centre as appose to the thing that I have currently just scrapted together.
Like I might get me a shuttle box to put it all in.

Dude, that's a freakin' nice door prize. I usually win a hat or a pen or a pin or something.

Your media center idea is a great one. I would absolutely do the same thing. You wouldn't be able to use one of those uber tiny/thin ATX or uATX desktop cases though. You'll need something slightly larger with very good ventilation and airflow. I'm sure you can figure it out.

Or what about building a simple game server with that CPU? You could probably host a nice 32 slot game on BF2. Granted if you've got a good ISP connection. And since you seem to work in an IT infastructer, i bet you probably have access to T1 ot T3.

Winning PC components is a freakin' cool thing.

Wow, congrats man. :D

A P-D in a shuttle case might get a bit toasty, to say the least. Those things put off some heat.

What are the full specs?

HAVOC2k5 said:
Dude, that's a freakin' nice door prize. I usually win a hat or a pen or a pin or something.

Winning PC components is a freakin' cool thing.
Monday night, I won this MICROSOFT Genuine Advantage T-Shirt. And they even had in "system builder size" too.

Last year, my boss won a high end 76Gb SCSI Hard Drive which we sold off.

And the year before that, I won an Acer N10 PDA. Only to get it stolen a few months later.

Currently I am debating about whether or not am going to use this chip or not as I am more than happy with my current PC.

idiotec said:
Wow, congrats man. :D

A P-D in a shuttle case might get a bit toasty, to say the least. Those things put off some heat.

What are the full specs?
I was about to go for a Shuttle XPC SD31P , how ever they are pricey.

Currently I am debating about whether or not I use this CPU for my main rig, or selling it off.
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79276

Sell it off, or give it to me.

That would make a killer multimedia rig. Encoding 2 videos while watching tv with picture in picture while streaming music on the other side of the house :)

If you do make a htpc, use Knoppmyth with the Hauppage (sp?) PVR-500. It is 2 tuners in 1.

You lucky bastard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom