Which Airgun should i get ?

• Beretta 92fs Nickel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S&W 586 Nickel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, I wasn't talking about family feuds, I was talking about just two random people. If they get into a fight and one of them has got a gun, then it's pretty likely someone's going to end up shot.

Yeah, so your dad is one of the responsible people who has his brain wired right about firearms. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I know some people (coughamericanscough) get quite touchy on this subject, but all I gotta say is there ARE a lot of people out there who only buy guns to use as an extention to their *****

edit: yeah um back on topic...

Not to get touchy as I really think your free to your own opinion. But, since you live in Australia and you really don't have any contact with our gun culture except for the occasional visitor, how do you or could you know how things work over here? I don't pretend to be an expert of the Australian civil rights system or how people think where you live. So I would appreciate it if you didn't do the same to me. It is true that there will always be stupid people, everywhere and one bad apple can ruin the bunch. But, the things you are saying are grossly over exaggerated and simply not true. In America the country side isn't dangerous, it's the inner city. I don't know who told you that red necks shoot at each other all day, but they don't know what they are talking about. Now if you want to know what it's really like I would be glad to talk about it all day. But don't believe everything some jerk off on the street tells you. Ignorance breed rumors, and rumors taken between the ignorant long enough can be accepted as fact.

When I went to Academic Team nationals about a year ago in LA a kid form another team asked me if we wore shoes in Kentucky. What kind of question is that? I saw more barefoot people in California than I did in Kentucky. I just politely answered, if we had beaches like your we would have a better excuse not to wear shoes.

But if nobody carried a gun in the first place, you wouldn't feel so unsafe

If only we lived in such a world. The truth is, there are bad people. And they are out to get you. The only way to stop them is to be better armed because the only thing they react to is power. You can't reason with them.

Anyways back on Topic............

Airsoft is popular because it's cheap and it is a bit more immersive and realistic than paintball. A lot of people do airsoft because they use military equipment and protocols. It's like playing army when you were a kid. but instead of stick you have guns that shoot plastic BBs.

Airsoft is popular because it's cheap and it is a bit more immersive and realistic than paintball. A lot of people do airsoft because they use military equipment and protocols. It's like playing army when you were a kid. but instead of stick you have guns that shoot plastic BBs.

I hate to make yet another off topic post, but honestly, paintball is more realistic then airsoft in every way. Maybe not the way you have played paintball in the past or how you heard about it, but untill you have played with my mates, in Canada, you don't know what you are missing (im not talking about speed ball crap with inflatable cover, i agree that is lame)

I hate to make yet another off topic post, but honestly, paintball is more realistic then airsoft in every way. Maybe not the way you have played paintball in the past or how you heard about it, but untill you have played with my mates, in Canada, you don't know what you are missing (im not talking about speed ball crap with inflatable cover, i agree that is lame)

When they start fighting wars with guns that are bright and gaudy colors and shoot paint I'll believe you dude.

The paintball guys put on whatever keeps it from hurting and they run around and yell and shoot wildly. the airsoft guys wear bdus and carry radios and have rules of engagement. I'm not for or against either side. I'm just calling it as I see it. The paintball guys are more casual whereas the airsoft guys take it as "serious business!" lol.

As for me I have too many hobbies as it is to worry about that stuff anymore.

Let me remind everybody that this thread is not for the discussion of morals of the right to bear arms, as that right is granted to United States citizens in the 10 Amendments, which is part of what the country was founded on.

And yes the world has a very distorted view on Americans and firearms. The majority of crime-related shootings and incidents involving weapons are in cities with illegal/stolen weapons.

Ricky who goes to the local gun shop and buys himself a .308 rifle has most likely been shooting for a long time, and is most likely a hunter. Other guys just shoot for fun, i know i do.

People are dangerous, and will use any object to inflict pain onto others. Whether it be a bat, crowbar, gun, or bare fists. The whole "we both got guns so lets shoot at each other cause we hate each other" is not reality. Not being allowed to own them as a civilian doesn't change anything, because they can be acquired by other means.

and wow that 92fs looks very similar to our standard issue M9:
26963820518900.jpg

Let me remind everybody that this thread is not for the discussion of morals of the right to bear arms, as that right is granted to United States citizens in the 10 Amendments, which is part of what the country was founded on.

And yes the world has a very distorted view on Americans and firearms. The majority of crime-related shootings and incidents involving weapons are in cities with illegal/stolen weapons.

Ricky who goes to the local gun shop and buys himself a .308 rifle has most likely been shooting for a long time, and is most likely a hunter. Other guys just shoot for fun, i know i do.

People are dangerous, and will use any object to inflict pain onto others. Whether it be a bat, crowbar, gun, or bare fists. The whole "we both got guns so lets shoot at each other cause we hate each other" is not reality. Not being allowed to own them as a civilian doesn't change anything, because they can be acquired by other means.

and wow that 92fs looks very similar to our standard issue M9:
26963820518900.jpg

QFT man. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I hope we were able to get through all of that without stepping on anyone's toes.

I've had enough. After someone tried justifying the number of deaths related to guns by saying it was 'less than the number of deaths due to car crashes' I kinda tuned out. I mean honestly, that really shows your mentality doesn't it. As long as something else is killing more people it's FINE!

People are dangerous, and will use any object to inflict pain onto others. Whether it be a bat, crowbar, gun, or bare fists. The whole "we both got guns so lets shoot at each other cause we hate each other" is not reality.
that's a contradiction. You just said people are dangerous, and will use any object to inflict pain onto others. Then you just said they won't use guns to do it?

edit: oh, and just to correct something else, when I said 'redneck' I didn't mean whatever it really means (apparently someone who lives in the country or something? i dunno) I meant a hot-headed person who happened to live in the land of the free. That's all I've got to say on this topic too, oy vey...

that's a contradiction. You just said people are dangerous, and will use any object to inflict pain onto others. Then you just said they won't use guns to do it?

Im not contradicting myself.....i just said that people don't go around shooting each other for no reason. The world has a distorted view and thinks everybody here is trigger happy and that just far from the truth.

No everybody doesn't own a gun, no everybody hasn't seen a gun. But we have the right to own a handgun at the age of 21, and the right to own a rifle at the age of 18. A background check is done and anyone who doesn't have a clean background cant buy it.

edit: oh, and just to correct something else, when I said 'redneck' I didn't mean whatever it really means (apparently someone who lives in the country or something? i dunno) I meant a hot-headed person who happened to live in the land of the free. That's all I've got to say on this topic too, oy vey...

So don't use the term if you don't understand what it means.....no it doesn't just mean someone who lives in the country, its actually a way of life for some. And there you go with "hot-headed person who lives in the land of the free".....that's not how people are.

Im far from a redneck and i live in the city but i find it offensive that someone from another country who doesn't understand would try to come on here and argue against something that has existed since the beginning of this country. It is not your place nor anyone elses place to do so.

I guess the whole American philosophy of gun ownership is too foreign to many. I have no problem with that in and of itself. However, using the propaganda spewed forth by some groups is a bit much to me.

Yes, people are killed from gunfire every day. However, it is the person behind the gun who commits the act. While there are laws to help prevent this kind of person from getting thier hands on a gun it still happens. Be that as it may gun ownership does curtail crime. If a would-be criminal knows (or thinks) that a person has a gun on them or in their house he will think twice about breaking in or attacking.

This thread wasn't even about real guns, anyway. It was about airsoft guns... BB guns that look authentic some people can pretend to be soldiers and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom