• Beretta 92fs Nickel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S&W 586 Nickel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I should have said the Umarex S&W repro.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

No offence, but the little extra accuracy that the S&W offers probably won't be much use to you.

I mean, unless you're consistently nailing your targets down to a pro-sized spread, go with the beretta. Pistols are deadly hard to aim right, hence my assumption that your spread mite be a little wider than any pistol's going to compensate for :D
again, I'm trying to say this nicely, it's not like I'm a crack shot or anything either, so please leave my head intact.

Hehe..This is true.

However, the grouping of shots from the smithy will be all over the place because no doubt i suck, but the Beretta will be even worse because i'm swaying AND they're not going where i'm pointing :rolleyes:

Ah, you you reccomend the S&W.. hmm..

edit:

Just disocovered you can buy the barrel kits for the Smithy, an 8" barrel offers 500fps average :eek:

Where did you see that?

Posted a similar thread over at AirgunBBS.com, a guy said:

Hi.
I have a S&W 586 with a 4 " barrel. It is quite accurate and shots JSB Exact 8,4 grn pellets at an ave 360 fts.
I have had the 8 " moddel and it shot JSB pellets at an ave 500 fts.
The Colt 1911 and Beretta 92 are also very nice CO2 guns. Both of mine shots at around 400 fts with the Exact pellets.

If you want power it is the Crosman 2240 cal 22 that you want. Have tuned mine to aprox 8 fpe

Sincerely
Rune "

If he is selling that in the UK he is gona get buggered by the police mate, air pistols are not allowed to excide 6ftlbs an what he is making it sound like it's firing at 8ftlbs.

That's because... he lives in norway :cool:

Bah, stupid laws. Can't wait till i'm 18. The first thing i'm doing is applying for a Firearms Certificate.

Get your Shotgun cert first, you only have to be 16 to apply as long as you have parental consent, and you will be able to buy a browning .410 off me (I really want to get rid of it I have a 410 already and this was on offer at a game fair).

Whilst i would love to have a Shotgun Cert, it's a bit unrealistic at my age. My parents won't even trust me with an Airgun, they put trigger locks on them and only they have the key - so the chance of them letting me get a shotgun is about 1 in a hundred.

Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but you have to have a proper gunsafe and stuff like that ? And what does a Shotgun Cert allow me to do, own any kind of shotgun, and use it for any lawful reason ? or just a shotgun for skeet shooting ?.

I would go with the Beretta 92fs Nickel .177mm. Higher velocity, better looks, and slightly less accuracy (which could also be a good thing, because if your aim is off it could compensate).

BTW, your parents are really up tight, like putting locks on your air guns? Your not 4 and going to look down the barrel and pull the trigger (as far as i know lol)...my parents were like then when i was like 10 but now they are cool with everything, heck i have a room down stairs that is just loaded with dangerous stuff lol, recurve bows, a compound bow, a .308 rifle (not mine though), spud canons, bbguns, pellet guns, paintball guns, the works.

Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but you have to have a proper gunsafe and stuff like that ? And what does a Shotgun Cert allow me to do, own any kind of shotgun, and use it for any lawful reason ? or just a shotgun for skeet shooting ?.

Yes you do it has to be a accredited gun safe from a police certified supplier you can buy a 3 gun locker for about £70 and a ammunition safe for £30 but it's on the small side.

on a SGC your allowed to have any double barrel shotgun, and pumpaction an semi auto that holds no more than 3 rounds in total, you can't own solid slugs on a SGC. Lawful reasons are Hunting, pest control, target shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom