AIM woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrscientific13

In Runtime
So, I go to sign into aim today and I find that it won't let me. The reason is that i have and "invalid screen name or password". I know that it's the right screen name, and the password should be right, because it's saved on my computer and automatically logs on. So the safe thing to assume is that my password was somehow discovered and changed by another person.

I've tried doing a password recovery, but it's not sending the email to my email address, which must mean that that information was changed too.

The only thing that seems to be left to do is make a new screen name while pondering what happened to my previous one. The only problems is my buddy list. I have no way to look at it without logging into my other screen name. And now on to the question that this explanation has been leading up to.

Does anyone know of a way that I can view my buddy list without signing into aim (such a file on my computer)? Any help as to how I can get my buddy list or aim address back would be greatly appreciated.

wow i would be pretty mad if that happened to me. maybe i should back up my buddy list..

you can backup your buddy list, but i dunno if it does it automatically. search through your AIM files and look for something with the name buddylist or buddy or list or buddies somewhere in the filename.

1999-2002 I was a paid AOL subscriber, and shortly after I stopped using AOL I had the same thing happen to me, i got a new sn never recovered old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom