AIM 5.9 Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I can't change my password.
I can't change my email address that the screen name is registered to.
I can't format my screen name.

They all give me an "Unknown Error. Try Again Later."

I've reinstalled countless times, and it won't do anything different. Friends of mine have the same problem, while others can format their screen name 15 times without any slight hesitation from AIM updating it.

I was going to delete everything in the my documents section, wherever the registry stuff is. I didn't want to lose my buddy list though, so I figured I'd let it go since I didn't know what was what. Do you think that would help?

I've thought about calling AOL to rage about AIM, and at some point use the line "I am paying good money for this service and it won't work!!" :bald:

Have you tried using Trillian? It's much better than MSN, Yahoo, AIM, and its free. I use it so i dont have to download MSN and Yahoo clients.

talldude123 said:
Have you tried using Trillian? It's much better than MSN, Yahoo, AIM, and its free. I use it so i dont have to download MSN and Yahoo clients.

I hate Trillian.
------------------------------------

Use Miranda IM

I STRONGLY recommend it

You shouldn't lose your buddy list.... I never lost my buddy list and I think the buddy list is store on a server that uploads it to your AIM program when logging in on a different computer...

You should perhaps consider switching to another service, rather than AOL.

Use whatever service you like, who cares. Anyways I think the problem maybe with the AIM software, I just had this issue with 5.9. Go onto AIM website or AOL website I forgot, and log into your AIM account and change the things from there.

GAIM is ok, I like Miranda IM though. Check it out - with the AIMOscar plugin - www.snaphat.com :) (for starters)

if you want some good plugins, PM me - i'll let you know which are good ones/essential ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom