aids and mosquitos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to what havoc said, it is almost impossible for a mosquito to get enough viruses from a carrier to infect someone else.

"Insect-borne disease agents that have the ability to be transferred from one individual to the next via contaminated mouthparts must circulate at very high levels in the bloodstream of their host. Transfer by mouthpart contamination requires sufficient infectious particles to initiate a new infection. The exact number of infectious particles varies from one disease to the next. HIV circulates at very low levels in the blood--well below the levels of any of the known mosquito-borne diseases. Infected individuals rarely circulate more that 10 units of HIV, and 70 to 80% of HIV-infected persons have undetectable levels of virus particles in their blood. Calculations with mosquitoes and HIV show that a mosquito that is interrupted while feeding on an HIV carrier circulating 1000 units of HIV has a 1:10 million probability of injecting a single unit of HIV to an AIDS-free recipient. In laymen's terms, an AIDS-free individual would have to be bitten by 10 million mosquitoes that had begun feeding on an AIDS carrier to receive a single unit of HIV from contaminated mosquito mouthparts. Using the same calculations, crushing a fully engorged mosquito containing AIDS positive blood would still not begin to approach the levels needed to initiate infection. In short, mechanical transmission of AIDS by HIV-contaminated mosquitoes appears to be well beyond the limits of probability. Therefore, none of the theoretical mechanisms cited earlier appear to be possible for mosquito transmission of HIV. "

-Wayne J. Crans, Rutgers

uzi9mm said:
the "man"

this reminds me...

anyone think there is something beyond what we actually see in today's world that is controlling the world today?

some people say "the man"

some say Free Masons. others say Zionists (lol).. some people say .. aliens (ETs)...

anyone believe this?

or is what we see today what is actually happening?

aliasaid said:
this reminds me...

anyone think there is something beyond what we actually see in today's world that is controlling the world today?
Yeah, Nubius. He leaves his World Domination Laboratory to move to Seattle and what happens while he is gone? Israel invades Palestine and Lebanon, North Korea test fires new missles, and Vladimir Putin kisses a little boy's tummy. Coincidence? Indeed not...Nubius controls all and without him stability crumbles.:beard:

I think it is possible, it only takes one of the virus cells to infect a normal cell in the human body, if, and I mean IF there is a chance for the bug to bite you and you shake it off half full and it bite someone else there may be one or two of the virus cells on the tuby thingys w/e ya wanna call them, once the tube is in you the virus cells try to infect other cells and so on. That is my theory... And there was someone who tried to prove that this happens....

Yeah, its called star jelly. Look it up. Very interesting read, although I think they're wacos but I'd be interested in seeing what this stuff is.

charles_scott said:
I think it is possible, it only takes one of the virus cells to infect a normal cell in the human body, if, and I mean IF there is a chance for the bug to bite you and you shake it off half full and it bite someone else there may be one or two of the virus cells on the tuby thingys w/e ya wanna call them, once the tube is in you the virus cells try to infect other cells and so on. That is my theory... And there was someone who tried to prove that this happens....

It is almost impossible that more than one virus would even get onto the mosquito. It is almost impossible to get aids from a single virus. its vaguely possible yes... like 1 in 1000000000000 mabe... you'll get cancer from the deet in your bugspray long before you get aids from the mosquitoes. There are a heck of a lot more aids viruses in one infected persons saliva than there are on every mosquito that has ever bitten you, your more likely to get it from kissing someone... which is also considered to be pretty darn close to impossible. Worrying about this is a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom