Ahhhh...Keyboard, help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish

Beta member
I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I really need help!

Ok so with the comp I recently put in my room (running on xp) , the keyboard was kind of dirty so I unplugged it for a few mins and cleaned it up...when I plugged it back in instead of typing, 50% of the keyes did a command, like bring up the search menu or downsize the currently open window.

So I figured it was just some weird glitch, and restarted my computer, and it worked fine.

So I reformatted my comp not long ago, and it went smoothly....except, not my keyboard is doing the same thing as before, I can't type anything without brining up something else or downsizing the current window ( I'm on my mom's comp) I figured it was just the keyboard I was using

wrong. I took another keyboard and tried it...same exact thing happened

does anyone know whats causing this and how I can fix it?! help!

It's a good idea not to unplug and plug your keyboard while the computer is running or you might mess it up badly.

You must restart the computer if you unplug a PS/2 keyboard for it to be properly recognized.

How did you clean your keyboard?

I dont think it matters now....It worked fine for the few hours that I used it, but now after I reformatted my PC, it's not...

I'm 99.9% sure it's somekind of setting. Because I selected the onscreen keyeboard (accessories > accessebility) and it did the same thing....but i dont know how to turn it off!! arg!!

That happened to me many many years ago. Back when I had 4 gig hd and 64mb of ram...Sorry I can't remember how I fixed it. I think it just fixed itself, but I doubt it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom