AHHH...NO! ::insert random profanity here::

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFox

Daemon Poster
::insert more random profanity here::

Great news! My power supply in my computer just blew a capacitor, and now at the very least I know for a fact that my motherboard is also dead. Looks like I'm going back to a Pentium 233.

Words can't even describe how ****ed off I am right now.

Anyone happen to have a mobo laying around that supports a p3 933?

::insert even some more profanity here::

I might. Let me check what I have in "the grave yard"*

*The name I give the room where we put the old computer in.

Re: Re: AHHH...NO! ::insert random profanity here::

Spartan said:
Yeah, I have one.

Btw, what PSU did you have??

What make and model is it?

I had a 400watt Powmax and I hated the thing....the construction was sooooo flimsy....yea, it's cheap...it came with my cheap case that I got for cheap off of ebay, and I've been meaning to replace it. Matter in fact, yesterday I was just shopping around for PSUs and today it decides to blow up. >_>

it knew you were gonna go and buy a new psu, so it decided to screw you before you screwed it. nobody likes to get dumped, so it decided to dump YOU.

http://xoxide.com/casegears-black-steel-480w.html

That's what I bought. It's on its way. Can't beat the price.

Anyway, this really sucks. -_-

What I'm concerned about most right now is what else got fried other then just my motherboard. My graphics card? ram? cd/dvd rom drives? cpu? I hope not. My HD? If my HD got fried and is now unrecoverable.....that would suck so badly....that's what I fear the most...100s of hours worth of work are on that thing. I could hook it up to another computer to test it, but I'm just so frustrated with the whole situation that I'm washing my hands of it until Saturday which is when my PSU should be here at the latest and I'll also be going over to my bro's house to be picking up a p3 667 that he has.

Re: Re: Re: AHHH...NO! ::insert random profanity here::

FireFox said:
a 400watt Powmax

Powmax is probaby one of the worst brands out there, FYI.

And that CaseGear will probably be doing the same as the Powmax.

Re: Re: Re: Re: AHHH...NO! ::insert random profanity here::

WorldIndustries said:
Powmax is probaby one of the worst brands out there, FYI.

That's more or less what I said one of my former posts.

WorldIndustries said:
And that CaseGear will probably be doing the same as the Powmax.

The CaseGear psu will be a heck of a lot better then that Powmax POS. Besides...you can't beat the price, and I'm a man on a tight budget. Thanks for the added pecimistic attitude though....

I setup a temporary computer until my power supply gets here...mostly just for web browsing and playing music while I sleep.

Pentium 166 w/MMX
128mb of edo
s3 virge 4mb pci
One 2gb hd
One 1.5gb hd
and then a cd-rw/dvd combo drive i stole out of my old comp.

best yet....it's a AT case....and now I'm reduced to win98se....explorer has already crashed a few times; however, I have yet to encounter the BSOD.

Yea....I'm still ****ed about this whole thing....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: AHHH...NO! ::insert random profanity here::

BSOD?? Pffft...mine's purple with green text, lol.:p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom