• 21-30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 31+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trotter's the most respectable guy I've met on the forums, but I've not had much exposure with you horndude. Maybe we'll be friends. I'm young, but like to think I'm not dumb.

Ryan

You dont strike me as dumb, just very very naive, goes with the territory around here........been there done that myself, I was a teenager or in my early 20's long ago, I remember what it was like. There are a few very bright and worldly kids here, some are quite impressive with their knowledge and grasp of computers and life in general, but they are far and few between. That too is part of life. Part of growing up is understanding this and knowing how to deal with it. All generations have their own little quirks and hang ups, but in the end, we all have alot in common. Im not gonna lie about it and say its easy hanging in here for someone my age, it isnt, its painful sometimes.

P.P. Mguire said:
Who are you talking to?

He was talking to you! You are one of the most arrogant, immature spoiled brats on this forum. You also don't have a clue when it comes to politics but you talk like you are an expert. You are a prime example or the reason the voting age is 18.

Stop the bickering, you're the one whining about how its "so immature" here. If you do not like it, you are always welcome to leave. Membership here is voluntary, not mandatory. I'm sick of members whining about other members, if you have a problem, speak up about it to the person you have the problem with, otherwise, shut it, no one wants to hear that crap.

Same with all you neo-fascist conservative freaks, keep your political ideologies at home, no one cares if you prefer small government and capital punishment. I consider myself a liberal and respect all political perspectives as they all bring something to the table, along with all sorts of people, but don't try to force your beliefs, it makes you look bad and your cause desperate. Anyways, can anyone disagree George W. Bush sucks?

This place is fine the way it is, I like the posting community and all the members are cool. Some good threads come up here and lots of interesting insights can be given too one topic which makes reading threads here fun, aswell as replying.

Don't ruin this place.

GG out.

@PP Mguire
Sometimes, mostly its a combination of things........when I was your age PC's didnt exist just yet, well they did, but were more like toys, the vic-20 was the first desktop computer back then that you could actually really do anything with. I learned how to build computers from scratch, cause back then if you wanted one thats what you had to do. First two I ever owned I built myself. Later when the vic-20, commodre PET, and C64 and the apple II's came out I bought those too. Basically I grew up the same time computers did, it makes a huge difference in how I see things versus how most of you kids do. Most of you just dont have the history behind computers in your life, it makes a difference. People now seem to be much more concerned with looks rather than substance and knowledge than they were 20 years ago. Back when I was young most of my geek friends spent massive amounts of time collecting and reading manuals, building stuff, and just general hacking, and I mean hacking in the traditional sense, not cracking which its wrongly mistaken as nowadays.

A good example is the games you play, the serious lack of decent writing skills, and just general attitude, makes it hard to fit in for someone like me. I imagine some of the really good coders here, and there arent many of those either, feel much the same way. Its not so much that people have changed, they havent, just the time or era in the timeline of computers in general that has changed ALOT.

First person shooters were popular back then too, only the graphics have gotten better. I think that genre of game has gotten more popular over the years though, and thats a shame IMHO, the real progress has been made in simulations, especially flight. Thats just one of the many things that has happened that I never imagined would happen, I never figured a simple RPG would become what it is today, its almost an insult to the PC from my point of view. But, its a huge part of many of what you kids do these days, and while I sort of understand it, its just something else that makes it tough to fit in and talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom