add-a-rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
i created this thread to discuss the idiosynchrosies of computers. i was just wondering what the most annoying random occurences people have had while working with a pc...in particular while fixing a pc.

mine is recently while performing a backup and clean install for a friend (his pc couldn't even format for some reason :confused: so i had to format in my rig) my computer decided to reject win xp. after exhausting almost every possibility (fortunately i had just managed to get my friends pc working again) i decided to just slave my drive in to his pc, restore his files and while i was at it leave a backup of my important files on his pc and run a clean install on my computer. after all this had been done and i had made a few final preparations i was about to format when i forgot to put in my bootdisk and miraculously my pc worked!!! im happy i didnt have to go through with it but still annoyed as hell

My biggest issue basically is Windows. I thought building this new pc would fix many of the problems I have had with my old computer only to find out that constant crashing (that error report trash) continues because of the OS.

Even with a very powerful PC, you can still run into huge problems and crashing because of the simple workflow of Windows.

Why do I use it? Well, why do you use it?

I can understand why you posted this in Hardware, but it really belongs in Off Topic.

Thread moved.

The position of jumpers and front panel connectors on my motherboard sit right next to the case and is such a pain to get everything in the right spot. Especially since whoever labeled my connectors at the factory switched half of them around:mad:

people who have sh-t load of dust in their computer case and expect me to clean it out for them before i try to fix it

annd..crappy ram that gets 1000000000's of errors

smelly "please insert the correct colume" dialog that does not go away, however many times you click ok, forcing you to restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom