Access Multiple Email Accounts with Gmail in 3 Easy Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDeCarlo

Beta member
gmail.png

It seems as though nearly everyone has at least two email addresses these days, and it's not uncommon to have upwards of four that are used on a regular basis for separate purposes.

You may or may not have heard of Gmail's multiple inboxes feature and how useful it is, so if you'd like to take advantage of this awesome way to manage your email, read on.

The multiple inbox feature can be enabled to access third party email accounts (hotmail, your ISP email, etc.) alongside your Gmail account and can even be used to display certain sections or labels within your Gmail account simultaneously, e.g. by creating a search filter for a labeled or starred email.

Though at first glance this may seem daunting, it's not that bad to configure and will give you the advantage of never ever having to check 2+ separate email accounts again.

Read more: Access multiple email accounts with Gmail in 3 easy steps - TechSpot Blog

I got something that is faster and is only 1 step.

Forward. ;)

How so? This does teh same thing as Forward but with more steps involved from what i read. With a Forward you get all mail sent right to that account.

With this you have to cinfigure 1 account to access the other to see Drafts, which you could always copy and paste to the other account, or starred mail, in which case you could set it to forward all mail from the beginning and not from the time you setup the forward.

I am not trying to argue or anything. I am just seeing a easier way to do this other than having to repeat steps and measures several times if i want to add upwards of 8-10 email accounts to 1 main account. When a Forward would prove to be giving the same results and be less time consuming overall.

When you forward though, you aren't keeping the original account (recipient info). So, if an email:

1) Was sent to Mak123@mak.com
2) and forwarded to Mak456@mak.com
3) you reply from Mak456@mak.com
4) reply is from Mak456@ and not Mak123@

This allows you to setup an additional account and to reply from the original account.
Forwarding is great, dont get me wrong... I love it. But to be able to access other accounts from one inbox like other services have offered for years is a good step in the right direction.

I understand that. But at the same time, i have the original saved at the original account. So i can see the original recipient info. If i really wanted to.

Point was that they are 2 totally different functions that really do completely different things.

I do understand that. As i see Live and Hotmail have this feature as well.

hotmail-1.png

But this is only useful for those that use the web interface. Many people, myself included, use Outlook, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, Evolution, Thunderbird among various others to get their EMail. So using this setup doesnt really do anything for us as we cant pick and choose which sub-account we want to use to send the email from. I know that some offer the option to choose which email account to use but it wont give you the option to choose a sub-account of a multiple account setup.

I am not trying to say the advise is bad. I am trying to let people know that sometimes reading write-ups like this may not be for them cause it will not work with the setups they have.

Give them time, google will come out with a mail client...

oh wait....

we can't use our own computers all the time. Even laptops. And with mobile computing at a RISE RISE RISE in use( especially in "mobile situations" (go figure) ... it's giving good reason to build the lot full of iphone app developers. (or the like).
(seriously though.... they've always been about trying to make convenience for everyone.)))

This post has been brought to you by the characters "(" and ")"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom