Academic Degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny though, even if you know Hardware, you are considered an idiot in the PC World unless you know languages.... which is pretty lame

MMM I can see the reasoning behind that train of thought, Any monkey can slap hardware together (not form a design standpoint of a electrical engineer) but to make it do something you need software an that is where the skill is.

Ooooh I forgot to answer Proto's question:

If you are good at CompSci its a field worth considering

Six of one, half doze of the other. CompSci is broader than CompEng. Think of it as theory and ideas vs design and innovation.

Take a sampling of both, such as an introduction, and see which better fits your makeup.

Ooooh I forgot to answer Proto's question:

If you are good at CompSci its a field worth considering

Why CompSci? More jobs? Higher salary? I was planning on getting a degree in Comp Engineering and learn programming and other stuff by myself.

Six of one, half doze of the other. CompSci is broader than CompEng. Think of it as theory and ideas vs design and innovation.

Take a sampling of both, such as an introduction, and see which better fits your makeup.

What are so places that I can go to see which one fits me?

I am going to a field trip to "Miller Career & Technology Center" next month.

Computer Engineering is an extremely good field to get into today proto.

Vern if you have any questions on anything of the programming sort don't hesitate to ask me. I know XHTML, CSS and everything else web-based. Just add me on MSN man.

We're doing HTML... that I understand mostly... but tomorrow I have a quiz on CSS (no not Counter-Strike: Source... that I'd pass easily looool) and we just started today... I'm not getting the hang of it honestly

Building a decent site with HTML from ground up. Is equivalent to wasting hours on end on what can be done within minutes on Dreamweaver. Give the class time though, just make sure to ask for help when you need it. Even a few minutes with the instructor can help a great deal.

MMM I can see the reasoning behind that train of thought, Any monkey can slap hardware together (not form a design standpoint of a electrical engineer) but to make it do something you need software an that is where the skill is.

Sure, but if you dont keep up with hardware then you have no idea what the best stuff to get is.

Also, theres wire management which takes a bit of skill to do.

Building a decent site with HTML from ground up. Is equivalent to wasting hours on end on what can be done within minutes on Dreamweaver. Give the class time though, just make sure to ask for help when you need it. Even a few minutes with the instructor can help a great deal.

Just wait until they do .aspx pages. Even easier than Dreamweaver and more powerful with a linked .cs/.vb file.

I say CompSci because it pays quite well, but it gets tedious too some...

I'm hearing that the Programming field is crashing? is this true?

Crashing no. The jobs are still alive, they are just moving overseas to cheaper labor markets. Programming is one IT field that is extremely easy to move to cheaper regions of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom