about freeware companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdawg

Daemon Poster
How does mozilla, ccleaner, spybot, adaware, linux, opera, etc. etc. make $$$?

I know that some of the linux developers worked on it for fun in their free time, and were so good they could go anywhere for work and name their price they were so skilled, now some of those same people work for mozilla.

How do these guys get their ferrari's?

ads... people pay them to have ads, some do it for the love no money is needed.. I dont think the ccleaner guy is drivin around in a ferrari haha

Some of the software does have the corporate versions which they make money money on.

Some of the anti-ad software are free for use at home. But the EULA prohibits the use in a comerial or corporate environment.

Also, don't forget the Freewill donations. I would think most of their money comes from the corporate clients, but sometimes bigger companies will back these startups as a place to "beta" test their new software. Off the top of my head I can't think of any though

macdawg said:
How does mozilla, ccleaner, spybot, adaware, linux, opera, etc. etc. make $$$?

I know that some of the linux developers worked on it for fun in their free time, and were so good they could go anywhere for work and name their price they were so skilled, now some of those same people work for mozilla.

How do these guys get their ferrari's?

Ferraris? Nah.

Make money? Who cares? People donate, it doesn't really matter. It's not about the money.
maroon1 said:
You forgot to say Avast! anti-virus home edition

Yes, and Internet Explorer. Both are free programs by a non-free company.

I know for sure that some of the linux developers are now millionaires or even billionaires, a couple of them now work for mozilla. They have enough $$$ to drive whatever they want by being freeware developers & I found that weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom