@*()!^$*#&^@$&@%@$!^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
My PSU blew on me today (well, technically yesterday but I haven't been to bed yet). I don't have a replacement and won't have one for at least a couple of weeks, so I have no idea if it took anything else with it yet. My RAM and GFX card both have a lifetime warranty, but my CPU and mobo don't.

One good thing is that my future son-in-law said he can check out the quad and mobo I have sitting here. I am thinking it needs a BIOS update to run the quad, but I don't own any Intel chips. Once I get the mobo and CPU to him he will drop his dual core into it and see if he can get it to boot and then update the BIOS for me. Of course I won't be able to get it to him until this Friday...

It was a Vantec 520W. Not a great brand and I don't think they even make PSUs anymore. It was five or six years old and should have already been replaced but being without a job kept that from happening.

Thanks, mate.

The situation has been resolved. Seems a benefactor ordered me a PSU last night and it is enroute.

I do want to say thanks for all the messages and offers of support I received on this. It is much appreciated and is very humbling. It's good to know that I have friends out there.

IT LIVES!!!!

I finally got everything hooked back up and fired back up. Thankfully it looks like the PSU didn't take anything else with it.

Thanks for all the support and help. It means more than I can say.

It is great to be back on it. I was going between a client's laptop (with IE) and my wife's computer (with FF, but very slow). Now I have both my screens, my speed, and all my bookmarks. :D

Heh, I saw this thread this week but didn't click on it because I was in the process of building my mothers new pc and fixing a very odd windows 7 crash that took -ALL- of my files again......
This time it wasn't a trojan it was my new video card that made windows 7 nut up for no reason... :(

Anyway I am glad to hear your pc is going strong....
Also trotter I know you don't to hear this but maybe you should have a back up AMD CPU and Mobo handu just in case this happens again.
I am almost ready to give up 74.99 for you in october and mail you a nice Athlon II tri-core and mail it to you....

I want to see how long it will take to mug a good AM2+/AM3 mobo off somebody! :D

I have a spare s939. Well, two actually... a couple of mATX Asus boards with 3200+ CPUs. I am (someday) going to put them in my wife's computer and my mom's computer. It still hasn't happened, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom