?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hillbillybob said:
O Rly?

Is that because it falls under distribution? I thought possesion was 9/10 the law.
They broke the law as soon as they ripped the CD. The copying has already been done.

uhhhh.....where do we draw the line between backup and illegal copying. If we are saying that backup is wrong because it was copied....than I am suing Microsoft for coping my hotmail box and personal information. They copied it to a backup, therefore they have intent to distribute my personal info.

Whats the difference between my friend coming over to watch a DVD I just bought with me, and me making a copy for him so he can watch it on his spare time?

Either way he gets to see the movie for free. I don't see why it matters if he has a copy of it.

The General said:
Either way he gets to see the movie for free. I don't see why it matters if he has a copy of it.

I'm having a hard time understanding that logic. As Spoc would say, that's illogical.

Doesn't matter? Hardly. If he doesn't have a copy of it but you do....then he can't watch it at his house because you have the only copy at your house.

Here's a little scenario...

You're on a planet...just you and a buddy. You're on one side of said planet...and your buddy is on the other side. You want to contact your buddy via a cellphone, but there's only one cellphone on the entire planet and your buddy has it.....although you have seen that cellphone before and you've even used it yourself it doesn't matter. Why? Because you don't have it now, and that's all that matters.

FireFox said:
I'm having a hard time understanding that logic. As Spoc would say, that's illogical.

Doesn't matter? Hardly. If he doesn't have a copy of it but you do....then he can't watch it at his house because you have the only copy at your house.

Here's a little scenario...

You're on a planet...just you and a buddy. You're on one side of said planet...and your buddy is on the other side. You want to contact your buddy via a cellphone, but there's only one cellphone on the entire planet and your buddy has it.....although you have seen that cellphone before and you've even used it yourself it doesn't matter. Why? Because you don't have it now, and that's all that matters.

It doesn't make a difference. I am not gonna buy a movie I already know. Doesn't matter if it is from a copy or at a friends house.

Okay, he can't watch it at his house. What if I take my DVD to his house?

That cell phone thing is just lame. Cell phones don't cost $0 to reproduce, DVD's do.

TheMajor said:
It doesn't make a difference. I am not gonna buy a movie I already know. Doesn't matter if it is from a copy or at a friends house.

So, you're saying that if you went to see a movie in the theaters that you won't go and buy the DVD when it comes out?

The General said:
Okay, he can't watch it at his house. What if I take my DVD to his house?

That cell phone thing is just lame. Cell phones don't cost $0 to reproduce, DVD's do.

Then you can't watch it at your house if you take it to his house. That's why I used the cell phone thing as an example. Apparently, I didn't make it simple enough for you to understand as you took it in a completely different way. :rolleyes:

xN537568.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom