?

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerj14

In Runtime
well I have this friend with lots of I believe pirated music on his computer and hes kind of paranoid he thinks someone could bust open into his house like The RIAA and just take his hard drive and examine it and see if it does contain pirated material, is this true? if So should he encrypt his hard drive heavily?

with the number of ppl pirating music and selling it some one dloading for personal use has mothing to worry about i would tell ur friend to relax and enjoy his music and if he enjoys an artist alot to buy the album in support

nothing to worry about .. theres millions of music stealers these days ..
the chances of him gitting caught is 1 * 10^7
!!!! IF UR FIREND DIDNT DO ANYTHING STUPID !!!!

Yeah. My dad works at the police station here, and he says even all the cops download music from P2P programs on their laptops.

RIAA CanÂ’t Search Your Hard Drive
RIAA was dealt another setback in its attempts to scour peopleÂ’s hard drives. A judge has once again ruled that a neutral third party expert must be the one to examine any drive in question and not anyone from RIAA itself.

It has been a busy couple of months in the world of music file-sharing litigation. The latest comes to us courtesy of Sony BMG, which is the lead plaintiff in the case of Sony BMG et al v. Arellanes. Sony was dealt a setback by the court yesterday, as Judge Richard Schell ruled that the defendant's hard drive can only be examined by a neutral forensics expert, not the RIAA's own experts.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061027-8095.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom